Stalled Attack

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

wdkruger

Stalled Attack

Post by wdkruger »

Attached is a picture showing a stalled attack message regarding the I 1130 battalion. It seems that the one company directly involved in the assault is taking fire and under the "role" window this company has no designation. Interestingly the other three companies of the battalion designated, but the three other companies seem ok, but they are not directly assualting. Two are designated "centre guard" and one is "line filler".

Is everything working as intended here? Is there anything I should do in response to the stall message?

Attachments
STALLEDATTACK.jpg
STALLEDATTACK.jpg (883.2 KiB) Viewed 45 times
wodin

RE: Stalled Attack

Post by wodin »

2.1130 is shooting aswell I see....not sure here, they have no or little experience I see. I'd give 1128 (to the left and rear of the coy your attacking) an attack order to help out maybe? What I do notice is both 1128 and your attacking coy 1130 don't have a coy number in front? That confuses me abit.
Arjuna

RE: Stalled Attack

Post by Arjuna »

If you get the "attack stalled" message then it's because the AI reckons that the assaulting units are not making progress. The AI will not automatically replan for you, so it sends you a message instead. It's up to you whethere to issue new orders or not.

As to why only one company is assaulting, this issue was raised elsewhere and I'll look into that next week.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

Return to “Command Ops Series”