How to disable fog

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
Peter Fisla

How to disable fog

Post by Peter Fisla »

I just got the game, I'm having fun with it but I don't like the graphics fog effect, is there any way to remove it ?

Thanks!
davidss

RE: How to disable fog

Post by davidss »

Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Matrix seems to have acknowledged that people want the ability to alter or turn on/off the fog and said they would do something in a patch about it. No ETA has been provided though....
davidss

Post by davidss »

Here is the file (Campaign.txt) already edited with the fog effects removed ... just unzip (extract) and then swap out the original with this attached file

File is located at:
C:\Matrix Games\Close Combat Panthers in the Fog\DATA\BASE

get it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?oll0ep1mqus2d1h
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes, the option to turn off the fog visual effect will be in the upcoming patch.  This should be available relatively soon after the holidays, but I do not have an exact date at this time.

Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

Yes, the option to turn off the fog visual effect will be in the upcoming patch.  This should be available relatively soon after the holidays, but I do not have an exact date at this time.

Hi Steve,

That's great, thanks! You can keep the effect of Fog in the game...I just want the ability to turn off the graphics feature.

Peter
Uxbridge

Post by Uxbridge »

Being able to lose the fog is nice, but I for one still like the idea of it, although I think it is to thick. Wouldn't it be possible to have it lighter, the effect, I mean? Maybe with occasional veils drifting over the battleground.
mooxe

Post by mooxe »

Another option would be some sort of indicator saying its foggy. Like on the strategic map you get weather info such as storm, overcast etc etc. Lets get fog added to that and a reminder while in game as well on all weather conditions.

I don't know if this works in PiTF but in CC5 when it was stormy certain elements on the map would turn to mud making them harder to pass for infantry and vehicles. So we basically already have weather indicators and ingame effects of them, why not do fog the same way and just lose the representation of it in battle.
Close Combat Series

CCS on Youtube

Join Discord for tech support and online games.
WoT

Post by WoT »

VVV
http://www.closecombatseries.net

Play all versions of Close Combat at www.gameranger.com.

Does PitF work on gameRanger?
Pvt_Grunt

Post by Pvt_Grunt »

ORIGINAL: mooxe

Another option would be some sort of indicator saying its foggy. Like on the strategic map you get weather info such as storm, overcast etc etc. Lets get fog added to that and a reminder while in game as well on all weather conditions.
There is a weather indicator on the strategic screen.

Attachments
Screen1.jpg
Screen1.jpg (209.5 KiB) Viewed 696 times

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”