Ghosts in the rubble

Post new mods and scenarios here.
Ichili

Ghosts in the rubble

Post by Ichili »

A preliminary version of this ASL scenario, originally published by The General. The description is mine, taken from "Armageddon in Stalingrad", Glantz's book. It needs to be playtested: in my first two attempts as Russian against the AI, my forces were overwhelmed by the Germans.
Historically, though, the 253rd RR, encountering strong resistance, was able to reach a line from the western part of Novoselskaya Street by day's end, a hundred yards from its starting point.
These two files should go into Awakening the Bear scenario folder, and the base map is Jamm's Red Barricades mapboard.
Attachments
Ghostsintherubble.zip
(14.06 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
junk2drive

RE: Ghosts in the rubble

Post by junk2drive »

I tried to look at this but my computer may not be up to the task. I put Jamm's files and your files in my WCS folders. Started in low res and changed settings to Giant Size maps. I get a green map. I picked Soviet vs AI and plotted the first arty strike and the game froze.

Thanks for sharing.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Ichili

Post by Ichili »

Junk2 drive:

This is how Jamm's mapboard works for me:
First, his Stalingrad map set of files - Stalingrad.hexmap, Stalingrad.los, Stalingrad_Detail, Stalingrad_height, Stalingrad_input,, Stalingrad_Paper0, Stalingrad_Paper1, Stalingrad_Paper2 and Stalingrad_Paper3- should all be in Matrix Games / Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear/Data/Maps folder.
Second, the Ghosts in the rubble files - Ghosts in the rubble XML Document and Ghosts in the rubble,scenario file - should be in Matrix Games / Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear/Data/Scenarios folder.
Third and last, before actually playing, go to System preferences and under Video select Boardgame-Style maps, not giant sized maps.
The AI is very agressive and starts attacking me right away. On my third attempt against it I was able to get a more balanced result by simply infiltrating a few Soviet units by the east edge of the map to conquer objectives. And now I start with a more reduced defensive perimeter, with open hexes around my positions, to destroy as many German units as a I can, as they get closer to mine.
I love this game and Jamm's map.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

OK that worked. Not sure that is how Eric envisioned it but we got to do what we got to do.

I got started and after a few moves I right clicked when I should have left clicked and... quit for now.

I recommend that you set it up for Soviet as human preferred and add a minimap or scenario card. It would also be nice to know that the Soviet player will receive that arty and the trenches.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Ichili

Post by Ichili »

I am glad it worked, and yes, I am planning to add more detailed info, including the scenario card once I learn how to make one... It took me a while to understand how the editor works.
I am also converting some Eastern Front Tank Leader scenarios (West End Games). The map is huge, and it is almost done, with the exception of one thing: I still need to learn how to make rivers.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for your interest in making firefights. I hope to have some time over break to try this out.

There are no rivers in COH:ATB, but there will be rivers and fords in the sequel, "Storms of Steel."

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”