WW2 models screenshot gallery

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

sweeteye

WW2 models screenshot gallery

Post by sweeteye »

photos deleted
Headquarters Company
422nd Regiment 106th Division
Sons of World War II Veterans

RE: WW2 models screenshot gallery

Post by Topo »

I'm a modeller too!
Yes, I'm Italian
No, I never voted for berlusconi...
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

Hey Sweeteye. I hate to be a party pooper but this really belongs somewhere else. Have you tried the Genreral Discussions subForum on MAtrix Forums?
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
sweeteye

Post by sweeteye »

Sorry Arjuna.....I thought perhaps you might respond this way......Just thought some would find it interesting and give them some gaming inspiration.....A while back I found a site for miniatures wargaming and tried to register only to find that it had been taken over by bots......I may put the photos up for viewing where you have suggested....I am pretty well fed up with the cyber world and have mostly gone back to the old ways of wargaming.....I do like BFTB ,,,my favorite computer wargame.....I also like that you do not have to have internet service to use the game.....I have many games that are useless right now because I have no internet service...Once again I apologize for posting material not related to the Command Ops series... Andy
Headquarters Company

Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

No worries Andy...all the best. [:)]
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Major SNAFU_M

Post by Major SNAFU_M »

ORIGINAL: sweeteye

Sorry Arjuna.....I thought perhaps you might respond this way......Just thought some would find it interesting and give them some gaming inspiration.....A while back I found a site for miniatures wargaming and tried to register only to find that it had been taken over by bots......I may put the photos up for viewing where you have suggested....I am pretty well fed up with the cyber world and have mostly gone back to the old ways of wargaming.....I do like BFTB ,,,my favorite computer wargame.....I also like that you do not have to have internet service to use the game.....I have many games that are useless right now because I have no internet service...Once again I apologize for posting material not related to the Command Ops series... Andy

Man, I agree with this sentiment completely. Any chance you are near Pittsburg for some over the board wargaming?

I play BFTB and a few others like TOAW. I have little to no interest in playing over the net. I see this as an abandonment of many companies to develop really good AI because they can now let players bash each other. I have done a few online games and for the most part, *if* you can find a good group (like for serious flight sims) where you don't have a bunch of immature people blah, blah, blah... it might be worth it.

I want to be made to think. I want depth and richness. I want to learn, not just be entertained. Pretty graphics don't mean anything if my brain isn't engaged. I guess that is why, time and again, I return to playing chess. 2,500+ year old, still is hands down the best abstract wargame in the world. Only a few other games can boast this longevity - Backgammon (about the same time and it is really interesting to read how two major divisions in philosophy used Chess and Backgammon in arguing rational thought and logic vs fate and the random nature of god) Go and the Japanese version of Chess. Played continually by mankind for over 2,000 years. Pretty amazing and the graphics haven't changed that much....;)

"Popular Opinion? What I suggest you do with 'Popular Opinion' is biologically impossible and morally questionable." -

"One ping to find them all,
One ping to link them;
One ping to promote them all,
and in the darkness sink them"
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

I see this as an abandonment of many companies to develop really good AI because they can now let players bash each other.

Totally agree. [&o]

For those interested in AI improvements I recomnend this interesting article about "Heroes V" AI:

http://www.bonddisc.com/ref/h5/ai.htm
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
sweeteye

Post by sweeteye »

Perhaps sometime I may be up for an over the board game SNAFU.....I am not to far from Pittsburg but traveling is difficult for me.....even short distances.....have to drive an old GMC Jimmy...... when time permits will set up a thread in the general discussion area for my gaming adventures using the 1/35th scale WWII models .......
Headquarters Company

wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: Jafele

I see this as an abandonment of many companies to develop really good AI because they can now let players bash each other.

Totally agree. [&o]

For those interested in AI improvements I recomnend this interesting article about "Heroes V" AI:

http://www.bonddisc.com/ref/h5/ai.htm

+1000 from me aswell
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Ditto re chess, Maj Snafu. I too keep coming back to it. The AI never puts a foot wrong. I play both Shredder and Fritz and they beat me every single game (unless I set the rating really low). But as Dave has remarked - and I can see it must be true - programming chess must be a doddle compared to BFTB, say. The nature of the variables in BFTB means that we are confronted with this rather heroic struggle on the part of Panther to try to replicate human bahaviour, and that richness (plus the historical background) makes it a much more interesting game for me than chess (though chess has a great history too, it's only the history of a game). By comparison chess is like a maths puzzle to play, and there's something odd about playing a game which - were we to invent a computer strong enough (which they say will never happen) - could actually 'solve' the game; ie chess has a solution. You would have to be a determinist about human behaviour to believe the same of BFTB, for example. It is a great shame that, as far as I know, nobody except Panther is trying to produce a really decent AI. Maybe when they've exhausted the graphics potential (to mimic pictorial reality must be a relatively finite and achievable project) they'll come back to content (as, indeed, Holywood is slowly coming back to content from the almost total reliance, over the last decade or more, on CGI panaceas, at the expense of good storytelling).
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

It´s important to distinguish a powerful AI from a "powerful" AI. In many wargames scenarios when you play against the computer it is quite hard to win due to a sharp initial position of the AI troops (Setup). In other cases the AI is cheated with outnumbered production, challenging but also "powerful". Obviously a wargame is not a chessgame, however things can be done better: I¨ve played H5 (fantasy wargame) with a good AI mod and I can tell you it´s quite challenging (without cheats), it´s a matter of long/hard work and high cost. That´s the reason why there are just a few classic games, those that can survive so many years. It´s not a secret that companies tend to look more for economy than quality and want customers to buy games again and again. Quality=Bad business.

By the way, do you know some wargame with a powerful AI? I know it´s a difficult question.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Command Ops

Return to “Command Ops Series”