Maxium Difficulty Setting

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.
paultaff

Maxium Difficulty Setting

Post by paultaff »

Just played PITF for the first time. First impressions v.good. Looks great. However the AI was not very aggressive. Grateful if someone could attach a screenshot showing the the hardest difficulty setting. The handbook is not very clear as in earlier versions of the game.

Thanks.[:)]
paultaff

RE: Maxium Difficulty Setting

Post by paultaff »

Maximum!
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The most difficult setting is to set your difficulty setting to ELITE, and set the AI's difficulty setting to RECRUIT.  This will give the AI more and stronger teams, as well as giving the AI more replacements, and more fire support.  And you will receive significantly less of all these.

If you want to take it even further, you can give the computer the ability to always see your units.  This will make it shoot at you. A lot.  But it can be frustrating as you'll end up getting mortarted when technically the AI shouldn't know where you are.

Sapa

Post by Sapa »

As Steve have informed about

Attachments
settings.jpg
settings.jpg (319.97 KiB) Viewed 522 times
WoT

Post by WoT »

it is counter intuitive.

if you are an Elite player you get less resources to fight with

if you are a Recruit you get more resources to battle with
paultaff

Post by paultaff »

Steve, Sapa & WOT,

Thanks.
fbs

Post by fbs »

ORIGINAL: WoT

it is counter intuitive.

if you are an Elite player you get less resources to fight with

if you are a Recruit you get more resources to battle with

Indeed it is. I never even looked at the game but guessed that "Elite" meant the German force would be elite, that is, very strong and with excellent equipment.

Then I had to read the post 3 times to understand that "Weak" means lots of people and equipment.
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Just my opinion, but if you look at the difficulty settings relating to the PLAYERS abilities rather than troop quality, it does make sense. In the above example the human (i.e you) are controlling the Germans, so setting them to Elite is for the better / "expert" PLAYERS. It does not indicate the quality of the German troops. Same for the Americans, setting the difficulty level to recruit gives the AI "PLAYER" the maximum advantage playing a human (i.e. you). Anyway, that's how I look at the difficulty settings.

Return to “After Action Reports”