Blizzard 41... OMG- how to survive this???

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Kensai

Blizzard 41... OMG- how to survive this???

Post by Kensai »

Hi,

i just played against the AI and got far behind Moskow and Leningrad (I captured both cities). I also captured Rostov in the south.

In the north, the Fins took over, the Panzer Corps took shelter in cities and the Infantry was left to defend.

My plan was to withdraw and I tried to do. But the AI had so many units (Sov OOB was 2,8M Men before Blizzard- losses ~4500000). All my units were in a great shape.

The result of the 12 Blizzard turns. My whole infantery is junk, battle or not, they had about 30-50% TOE (from 80%), including the Fins which had a morale of 40 without a single battle fought.

Same for my infantry, there is hardly an unit left with over 60 morale. Also my mountain units ALSO lost alot of their TOE, without much combat...

Is there anything I can to better or different? I don't know how to survive this...

Peltonx

RE: Blizzard 41... OMG- how to survive this???

Post by Peltonx »

You running newest patch?
Beta Tester WitW & WitE
Kensai

Post by Kensai »

Yes, 1.06.19, isn't it?

Also started the game under it

Edit:

maybe I've found the problem: I was simply to far ahead of the railheads. This was ok in normal weather, but in blizzard, nearly no supply came through so the units were hit with additional attrition.

Peltonx

Post by Peltonx »

Generally speaking the morale hit is about right. units lose 1 pt per turn.

You get some of it back during summer as you win battles, but it will never be as high because german morale is forsed down over summer and will be 60 by end of war.

Most winters poeple put armor in citys and withdraw the 9 highest infantry divisions, then retreat 2 hexes a turn in south.

Your toe will jump back up as most loses were disabled. You will also recieve 30 new divisions before July.
Beta Tester WitW & WitE

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”