Monsters!

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

HowieWowie

Monsters!

Post by HowieWowie »

So I just played the Monsters tutorial and I must be missing something. I was totally crushed by the Russian tanks on the hill. I tried grouping a couple of my tanks and still had a little luck. Used CAPS on my attacks also. Is this tough nut? The first 2 tutorial scenarios were easy so I'm thinking that I'm missing a key tactic with this one.
z1812

RE: Monsters!

Post by z1812 »

How are you attacking. If you have not already done so then try from the flanks, and of course use all the cover you can.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

HW:

I believe there are a few threads on this already. And it is supposed to be very hard. IIRC a player of the boardgame said that the Germans have the initiative in the boardgame but here it is up for grabs and if the Russians get it the Germans are hurting.

Sorry I have not played this yet. So I cannot give you assistance.

Gerry

ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Be sure to use smoke.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”