8 pm Dec 1 EST time I am multiplayer

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

z1812

8 pm Dec 1 EST time I am multiplayer

Post by z1812 »

Perhaps someone wants a game?
junk2drive

RE: 8 pm Dec 1 EST time I am multiplayer

Post by junk2drive »

There is an opponent finder forum up above but I suppose this is more visible.

Thanks again for the game. I tried to be sneaky but couldn't finish the hits with kills. Congrats.

How did you like the system?
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
z1812

Post by z1812 »

I like it a lot. Very imaginative. It does seem a bit sluggish in catching up to the action but perhaps that was our connection.

I started out like many with boardgames and I always remember the frustration of excellent position combined with horrible dice throws.

The fortunes of war......................games. I really enjoyed our game and I hope we play again.

I do wish the lobby was windowed so you could minimize it easily.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

We will play again. I'll let some others have a chance too.

I was slow to act in the beginning because I could see you move and had to check several units for shot chances. Connection can slow things down too.

This game is different than anything that I have played and I have to try to not take it too seriously.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

With Windows 8 I can alt tab and see all my windows, then tab to another.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

There is also a facebook group for chatting and opponent finding

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ConflictofHeroes/
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

When I played my first game, with Paul, I was a bit thick at first. I saw the hourglass and thought the system was slow. But he explained that just showed your opponent's turn. The opponent needs time to think. I must say I really enjoyed H2H play. I hope more people get into this soon.

I could play during the weekdays too but maybe not a full scenario. The scenario I played took 1.5 hours approx. Partly due to me learning the ropes. Wondering if people would consider playing for up to an hour and then finishing another night? It would make it easier as one would not have to allocate a large block of time one night.

Gerry
z1812

Post by z1812 »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

When I played my first game, with Paul, I was a bit thick at first. I saw the hourglass and thought the system was slow. But he explained that just showed your opponent's turn. The opponent needs time to think. I must say I really enjoyed H2H play. I hope more people get into this soon.

I could play during the weekdays too but maybe not a full scenario. The scenario I played took 1.5 hours approx. Partly due to me learning the ropes. Wondering if people would consider playing for up to an hour and then finishing another night? It would make it easier as one would not have to allocate a large block of time one night.

Gerry

Fridays are often good for me. What time zone are you in. Perhaps we can arrange to meet. I can play for a while in the evenings and also finish another night.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I have played up to the end of a round, after it says game save successful. Note which side has initiative. When you start up again, if the other side has initiative, that player can pass so that the correct player gets it.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

I am in Mountain Time Zone. Not sure about Friday yet but we can PM to confirm. Maybe something like 7PM?

I like to play with the default game options (that includes persistent APs). Here is a list I would like to choose from:

A. #1 Partisans (either side)
B. #2 The Gap (German side)
C. #3 General Petrov (either side)

Keeping it simple for now.

Gerry

ORIGINAL: z1812
Fridays are often good for me. What time zone are you in. Perhaps we can arrange to meet. I can play for a while in the evenings and also finish another night.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”