Question about OOB

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

ru_disa

Question about OOB

Post by ru_disa »

Hello,
I just bought the game and I have a couple of questions about how OOB is handled in ATG.

1) From what I could see from a first glance, it is possible to have a Supreme HQ -> its subordinate HQs ("Army 1", "Army 2", etc) -> Units.
Are these the only 2 HQ levels in the game? Is it possible to create intermediate HQs between SHQ and "Army 1"? For example, I'd like to create "Army Group North", to which I would attach "Army 1" and "Army 2". How would the distribution of supplies and HQ bonuses work then?

2) Is there a way to see my OOB?

Thanks!
Twotribes

RE: Question about OOB

Post by Twotribes »

Basic game I believe has 3 or 4 levels of HQs so yes you can have Supreme, Group and army.

Look at the bottom row of options one on the left will take you to a screen that shows Hqs and whats under them.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ru_disa

Post by ru_disa »

Perfect! Thanks!
Josh

Post by Josh »

" How would the distribution of supplies and HQ bonuses work then? "

Supply flows automatically, no need for trucks or horses for that, as long as the distance from your railnetwork isn't too great all units get their supply. So from there it follows that engineers can be your most important units, they build the railroads. No railroads no supply, no supply no army. You can see that for yourself when you send a unit far ahead, say a cavalry unit, at one point the supply dot on the counter will turn yellow and then red.. time to get back home :-)
HQ bonus is simple, as long as a units HQ is within 3 hexes it gets 100% bonus (oh and make sure that HQ is filled to 100% staff) every hex added is 20%  less HQ bonus. Other HQ's or SHQ's don't count in this case, they don't give a HQ bonus to other units... easilly discernable by the coloured bar on the unit counter. Did you know you can change that colour too? Just click on that coloured bar on the HQ and a popup appears, you can then choose any colour you want.
ru_disa

Post by ru_disa »

Thanks Josh, that clears it up nicely! Honestly, I've just given a cursory look at the game so far. I'm playing DC:CB right now, and I'm enjoying it immensly. I took advantage of the discount and bought ATG, since the idea of non-historical games on random maps really intrigues me and I plan on divin in pretty soon! From what I could gather from your replies, the way HQs work is not too dissimilar from DC:CB, so I should adjust pretty easily...

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”