March 2013 UPDATE NEWS

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Dane49

March 2013 UPDATE NEWS

Post by Dane49 »

March 2013 Update News

1) Fixed crash when pressing ESC while loading district maps in operation.
2) The algorithm of broken tracks is improved.
3) Weapons overheating algorithm is adjusted.
4) Differentiation and locks for paths on operational map is introduced.
5) Principle of editing paths in operation editor is improved.
6) The ability to import a database description for operation from other operation is added.
7) Fixed a bug with the repair in the abandoned vehicles (crew members now leave repair).
Added a separate button for the ambush. At this command the infantry and gun crews will be lie, vehicle crews will be close a hatches.
9) Removed the option for buttoned state for vehicles.
10) Now you can set the "level" of defensive structures in a quick battle.

From past experience I would expect this update to be available on or about May 2013 with more features being added to the above list before work starts on the patch in March of 2013.
Tejszd

RE: March 2013 UPDATE NEWS

Post by Tejszd »

Great support from Graviteam as they continue to fix bugs and add features!
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Yes,I have been very pleased with the efforts of Graviteam on this game.

It has improved immensely over the original APK43 and the last year has really seen some very satisfying additions and changes.

I can only imagine if they were a larger developement team with a bigger budget where this series would be now or in the near future.

Hopefully next year year we will see 2-3 more DLCs,maybe even a name change considering that Operation Star is really only about the the Operation that took place around Kharkov in the winter of 1943.

I'd really like to see this series move into the early 1944 period on the Russian front,but I don't see that happening anytime in the near future.
Most of Graviteams plans for future releases seem to be for the time periods from 1939 to Summer of 1943.And my Operation Mars 1942 suggested idea seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Oh well,it doesn't matter I'm still pleased with the game and how it is progressing and spend 80% of my gaming time on this series alone.

Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

More additions for the March 2013 update I translated with Bing from the Russian forums.

11) added the ability to specify a command arrangement phase of defence without digging trenches.
12) fixed bug with canceling the serial in the tactical battle.
13) Adjusted readout and display modes of the serial in the tactical battle.
14) button automatically platoons.
15) added individual commanders to different branches of the armed forces.
16) added a section in the quick combat support units.
17) Added a division of radio stations by type and display type.
18) fixed bug with icons remaining after you disable (or enable) Mini map.
19) Added display of the radio.
20) hot-button the parameter table in the operational phase platoons, changed from F1 to F3.
21) antenna was added to the KV-1s tank and kV-8s.
22) added a new type of mark on the operational map (4.20).
23) changed the algorithm for ammunition resupply and fuel gauge has been added.

bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Right on!!!!!!!! Matrix people have nothing on Graviteam,they rock!!!!A shame they couldnt get together.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

From what I read on the Russian forums today:

Actung Panzer Operation Star will get a new name in the future and be called "Graviteam Tactics"

This new branding will be dedicated to battles on the Mius front in the Summer of 1943.

Sinyavino 1942 will still fall under the Op Star heading though.With a Summer Voronezh planned DLC also.

Still no commitment on release dates either for these new future additions.

It also seems that all the new plans are for Summer themed DLCs didn't see any that involved a Winter theme.

A new way of command and control will be some of the major changes in the near future(Radio/field telephone and flares instead of command radius)
wodin

Post by wodin »

WOW..sounds great..looking forward to fighting near Leningrad..also like the radio mechanic..brings in more realism.
ORIGINAL: Dane49

From what I read on the Russian forums today:

Actung Panzer Operation Star will get a new name in the future and be called "Graviteam Tactics"

This new branding will be dedicated to battles on the Mius front in the Summer of 1943.

Sinyavino 1942 will still fall under the Op Star heading though.With a Summer Voronezh planned DLC also.

Still no commitment on release dates either for these new future additions.

It also seems that all the new plans are for Summer themed DLCs didn't see any that involved a Winter theme.

A new way of command and control will be some of the major changes in the near future(Radio/field telephone and flares instead of command radius)
wodin

Post by wodin »

Hmmm..not so sure..Graviteam are doing fine on their own and if Matrix\Slitherine got involved then they'd be giving over alot of money for the privileged about 40% I reckon. Graviteam on their own have produced some amazing games..Alot of Matrix in house titles haven't even hit release after years or are cancelled or had mixed reviews..GI Combat,Battlefields,Combat leader,World in Flames,Close Assault. Matrix\Slitherine are great publishers..but haven't got a great record for in house productions well matrix hasn't anyway. Slitherine did get a few games out when they started so have a better record on that front.

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

Right on!!!!!!!! Matrix people have nothing on Graviteam,they rock!!!!A shame they couldnt get together.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Dane I read it that the Leningrad DLC will be part of the new game....

1. Another rebranding game. Title with Achtung Panzer changes to Graviteam Tactics.
2. Release of a new version of the game to replace the "Operation Star". Will be dedicated to fighting on the Mius-front in the summer of 1943.
3. A certain number of DLC planned for the new version. A preliminary list looks like this (this is nothing more than plans, possible changes and upheavals):
a) Return to Taranovka suffering, but in the summer of 1943.
b) Sinyavino and surroundings - Leningrad, Fall 1942.
c) A joint project Graviteam and comrade svobodas - Shilovsky foothold near Voronezh, summer 1942
4. Systematic and inevitable improvement of all aspects of the game to reduce the "barrier to entry" for new arrivals comrades.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

That could well be so,I was going by a previous statement Andrey had made that the Sinyavino42 DLC would be the last DLC for the Operation Star series.Considering that the Sinyavino battle has nothing to do with Operation Star or the battles around Kharkov it would seem logical to give it a different sub heading with the new brand name.I just wish they would tell us what's next and lock down a date for its release.

My biggest concern is whether this new game will be a stand alone addition or will the new content be added on top of the old game.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Standalone by the sounds of it mate..new game..new title...will be a new game like OS was.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

24) Removed the radius of command.
25) Added commanding officers of battalions in the campaign and a quick battle.
26) at the retreat without a fight in the operational phase, the unit loses its morale.
27) firing platoons in the commanders Added artillery batteries.
28) extended and adjusted States in quick battle units.
29) Added group messages about breaking and re-establishing a wired connection.
30) Adjusted the algorithm offers the S (was removed immediately after the closing-reopening battle).
31) Added target acquisition for missiles.
32) added button use the last selected filter soldiers and vehicles.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

I have never figured out how to retreat without a fight at Op level. Can anyone clarify? Thanks :)
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

I always thought that this was done by starting the battle and immediately in the 1st minute of the battle pressing the escape hot key and choosing the flee option.
budd

Post by budd »

is that the trick fleeing in the first minute? i fled[:)] late in a battle and lost some troops, flat out vanished from the op map. wonder if they will re appear.

Here's a question. What about towing an AT/inf gun with a half track, i tried but couldn't get it to work. Is this possible? I needed to move a gun from my left flank to the center and had some tracked units but couldn't figure it out, so they pushed it[:D]
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Vehicles can't tow any guns in game yet.
I recall Andrey said that it may be an option in the future,but when that is going to happen exactly is still unclear.It doesn't look like it made the to do list for next patch either.
You can make a suggestion to Andrey on the Graviteam forum about towed guns and see if it still is in the future plans or if He forgot about it.

I haven't seen anyone broach the subject in months and I'm still working on him to make it easier to separate and control Infantry from their APCs.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

28) Staff for the troops in quick battle has been modified and expanded.
29) Added a group of messages for breaking and restoring wired connection.
30) Adjusted an algorithm offers ceasefire from AI (removed immediately cancel after offer).
31) Added target designation by flares.
32) Added a button to apply the last selected filter for soldiers or vehicles.
33) Staff for the troops in operations has been modified and adjusted.
34) Squad parameters panel is changed.
35) Rotate order is moved to squad panel.
36) Added a separate button for reverse move.
37) Added indication for suppressed squads in 3D and on the map.
38) The "quick" orders adaptively vary depending on the number of troops who are given the order.
39) Added a button on the orders panel, which allows to transfer troops under the control of AI.
40) Put a penalty at the start of the operation if allied troops is transfer under the players control.
41) Added automatic movement for signalers to laying wire communication.
42) Feature 42, now without name.
43) Added indication and options for valid orders.
44) Removed the outline of the selected units if individual icons is displayed.
wodin

Post by wodin »

No 44 thankyou!!!

Also what is No42?

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”