1.12 Quick Start issue

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

JMass

1.12 Quick Start issue

Post by JMass »

I installed the Beta v1.12 but if I lauch the game from the Quick Start link the game crashes with the attached error message. If I launch it from the game menu it runs normally (but I have the same issue for MP lobby as reported in the thread "Lobby Error 1.12". The new maps are georgeous! It could be a good idea to have them in the editor in geomorphic format.

Attachments
coh.jpg
coh.jpg (136.19 KiB) Viewed 73 times
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
ericbabe

RE: 1.12 Quick Start issue

Post by ericbabe »

Thank you for the report. I think this is a Windows security issue. The two ways of launching the game are probably launching the game with different permission settings. I don't personally have anything to do with the installer; I'll ask the guys at Matrix if there is some difference in security settings here that might be causing this.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I tried logging on to admin and running the game from the hex game exe by right click and run as admin. Still crashed. Don't know what else to try.

Edit Sorry, I thought this was the MP lobby error thread.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

Thank you for the report. I think this is a Windows security issue. The two ways of launching the game are probably launching the game with different permission settings. I don't personally have anything to do with the installer; I'll ask the guys at Matrix if there is some difference in security settings here that might be causing this.

Correct, I launched it as administrator with no ctd, yesterday I upgraded to Windows 8 and I am reinstalling all the stuff.
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1

Return to “Tech Support”