Windows 8

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

junk2drive

Windows 8

Post by junk2drive »

I upgraded from XP to 8 and chose to transfer files. After installation the Matrix games folder was still on my C: drive with PCO inside. PCO would not run as I expected. PCO was not listed in apps for uninstall. I deleted the Matrix folder and installed PCO fresh allowing .Net and DX to run.

.Net 1.1 did not seem to run and did not show in installed apps.

I could not run PCO or configuration from the game menu or directly from the exe.

I went to Microsoft and installed the .Net 1.1 package from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=26

PCO is now running.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
rickier65

RE: Windows 8

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

I upgraded from XP to 8 and chose to transfer files. After installation the Matrix games folder was still on my C: drive with PCO inside. PCO would not run as I expected. PCO was not listed in apps for uninstall. I deleted the Matrix folder and installed PCO fresh allowing .Net and DX to run.

.Net 1.1 did not seem to run and did not show in installed apps.

I could not run PCO or configuration from the game menu or directly from the exe.

I went to Microsoft and installed the .Net 1.1 package from here

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... aspx?id=26

PCO is now running.

this is good information to know. Thanks for checking this!

Rick
Yoozername

Post by Yoozername »

Same here. Runs on my Win8 PC. Will install on Win8 notebook next.

There is some alert message when installing PCO on Win8. Something like there already is a version of Net etc. I did what junk did and all is good.
Yoozername

Post by Yoozername »

I also installed on a Core I7 quad notebook with windows 8. Very fast load times compared with dual-core. When installing the game, some pop-up informed me that there was intense cpu usage.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

You're lucky.

I had the same problem - I can not run PCO and I can not start configuration.
All other items from the menu I can use. .Net 1.1 don't help. -> Microsoft .NET Framework Setup
---------------------------
Setup cannot install Microsoft .NET Framework because another version of the product is already installed.

Great, now I have a new fast PC - but I also have new quick trouble. [:@]

Had any ideas?
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

I have uninstalled Panzer Command Ostfront and thereafter reinstalled it. Works wonderfull now.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Templer

I have uninstalled Panzer Command Ostfront and thereafter reinstalled it. Works wonderfull now.

Thanks for posting Templar. I missed your earlier message. (though even had I seen it, I'm not sure I could have helped as I don't have Win 8)

Glad you got it working.

Thanks
RIck

Return to “Tech Support”