New officer appears...

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

tjhkkr

New officer appears...

Post by tjhkkr »

Howdy,

I think when you see two officers on the same ship it is because one has been recruited along the way.

-- Does this mean both officers' attributes contribut to the fleet/army's effectiveness?
-- Does only one officer effect fleet/army's effectiveness.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ehsumrell1

RE: New officer appears...

Post by ehsumrell1 »

When more than one character is assigned to the same location, there can be synergistic effects.
I believe that as far as Admirals on a ship or Generals on a planet/Troop Transport, their un-duplicated skills and traits will be applied at their location.

Scientists though are a bit different. Each scientist at a research station provides research bonuses to the specific research area of the station (Weapons, Energy, HighTech). Additional scientists at the same research station provide half their skills on top of the first scientist, progressively halving with each additional scientist. Thus: Scientist 1 gives full 12% energy research bonus, Scientist 2 gives half of their 10% energy research bonus (5%), Scientist 3 gives one quarter of their 8% energy research bonus (2%), for a total of 19% energy research bonus (12 + 5 + 2).

Hope this helps TJ! [:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

How is it decided who is the "first" scientist and the order after that? Is it done alphabetically or something else that makes more sense? The order is very important to how the best total is calculated.
Old............but very fast
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

When more than one character is assigned to the same location, there can be synergistic effects.
I believe that as far as Admirals on a ship or Generals on a planet/Troop Transport, their un-duplicated skills and traits will be applied at their location.

Scientists though are a bit different. Each scientist at a research station provides research bonuses to the specific research area of the station (Weapons, Energy, HighTech). Additional scientists at the same research station provide half their skills on top of the first scientist, progressively halving with each additional scientist. Thus: Scientist 1 gives full 12% energy research bonus, Scientist 2 gives half of their 10% energy research bonus (5%), Scientist 3 gives one quarter of their 8% energy research bonus (2%), for a total of 19% energy research bonus (12 + 5 + 2).

Hope this helps TJ! [:)]

Thank you; I understand now.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

ORIGINAL: Fishers of Men

How is it decided who is the "first" scientist and the order after that? Is it done alphabetically or something else that makes more sense? The order is very important to how the best total is calculated.
The 'First' Scientist is the one 'assigned' or who 'appeared' first at the research location.
Then the second one is 'assigned' then the third...ditto.

You want the scientist who has the best bonus for the location to be the 'First' scientist.
(i.e. At an energy research station, the scientist that has the highest Energy Research percentage
should be first. At a Spaceport with three labs, Energy, Weapons & High Tech, you decide from your
pool of scientists available who you want in the 'First' position according to either your choice of
what research direction you wish to take or the highest research rating of your best scientist.)
feelotraveller

Post by feelotraveller »

I beg to differ Ed.

What I have seen in my games is that the scientist with the highest bonus is designated as the lead scientist for a particular field.  Their order of appearance/assignation does not matter.

As an example from my current game I have two scientists at a station.  The first has +12 weapons, +37 energy, +24 hi tech, the second has +15 weapons, +10 energy.

As scientist bonuses I get-
Hi Tech 24 (24 + 0)
Energy 42 (37 + 5)
Weapons 21 (15 + 6)

My first scientist is the lead for hi tech and energy but the second leads for weapons.

I assume that the game just selects the scientists order by the level of their skill so that you always get the maximum possible.  [:)]
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

After consideration Feel, you are probably correct on this. If the research location is a base
for instance that has all three labs aboard, your example could well be correct. I didn't stop
to look at the 'what if' the second (or third) scientist only has two areas instead of three.
Good catch!

Return to “Tech Support”