Fog of War not working as expected?

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

NativeTexan

Fog of War not working as expected?

Post by NativeTexan »

Doomtrader,

With a specific human/ai setting, during the AI's turn in the grand campaign, the fog of war does not appear to be working correctly.

Setup:
Grand Campaign v1.03
Human: Germany & Slovakia
FogOfWar setting - 2 hex limit
Operating System: Windows 7 in full screen mode.

Problem Description:
During the Allies turn (France & England) the Fog of War changed to the point of view of the allied countries. I was able to see all of the Allied units in both france and England during it's turn. When it was the Axis human turn the fog of war would only show what was appropriate for the axis player to observe.

If the only human player was German, this behavior was not observed. I did verify my FOW setting was 2 hexes.

Regards
gwgardner

RE: Fog of War not working as expected?

Post by gwgardner »

I see the same thing.

Omnius

Post by Omnius »

I also am wondering why as the Axis I see British AI moves but not Soviet when playing the 1941 Barbarossa scenario.
Omnius
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

We have spent some time on this and tried to improve the working here and there, but it won't be all right to hold the patch for another few weeks.

We are not 100% happy with the results, but I'm hoping you will see some imrpvements here.
We are really counting on your feedback after releasing next version of 1.03.
Omnius

Post by Omnius »

doomtrader,
I started a new game as the Allies in the 1941 Barbarossa scenario. I don't see any of the Axis country moves, different from when playing the Axis. The only feature I turned off was the See Allied Movement. Since I play every Axis or Allied country when I play a side in a custom game I figured this feature was moot.

One thing I like about ToF or SWiE is that I can play every country of a side or even all of them which is where I'm going next. Since the AI's are rather lame, but then that's the nature of all AI's, I figure I'll have a better game playing both sides. It's the one thing I hated about Making History, wathcing those infernal Axis allies taking territory after the German player did the heavy lifting defeating Soviet units the AI units would scoot through and steal cities from the German player.
Omnius

Return to “Time of Fury”