Question about PBEM and Multiplayer.

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Charly G

Question about PBEM and Multiplayer.

Post by Charly G »

I'm surprised by the lack of people asking a game in the "Opponents Wanted" forum.
Many people like PCO and forums have good activity.
I've read the help about PBEM and Multiplayer in PCO by Junk2drive (thanks to him) and I would like to know if a PBEM++ (the new server-based PBEM system for challenges and easy turn exchange), just like the one in BA, WITE, DCCB could be adjusted to PCO with a patch or for the next game. I think It will be a big advantage in order to play games against opponents.
rickier65

RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer.

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Charly G

I'm surprised by the lack of people asking a game in the "Opponents Wanted" forum.
Many people like PCO and forums have good activity.
I've read the help about PBEM and Multiplayer in PCO by Junk2drive (thanks to him) and I would like to know if a PBEM++ (the new server-based PBEM system for challenges and easy turn exchange), just like the one in BA, WITE, DCCB could be adjusted to PCO with a patch or for the next game. I think It will be a big advantage in order to play games against opponents.

Charly G,

That is certainly something that could be considered with the next game in the series. Perhaps as an option in addition to the existing methods. The method Stridor incorporated into PCO for using online shared file repository really simplified the PBEM experience as far as making it virtually instantaneous and was the first time I had seen the technique used for a wargame. But it does lack any tools for finding opponents.

Thanks!
rick
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

I am old school. I would really have it as PBEM or as PCO scheme. I have BA & PC and their server deal is ok, but having the old PBEM system too would be really nice too.
Sadly, there isn't that many people out there playing PCO [:(] I have tried to talk a bunch of people into the demo or buying the game when it was on sale, but nobody would
do it. They all wanted that other title by the other place.

The current PCO deal is "cool beans" [&o]
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Charly G

Post by Charly G »

Richie,
Are you sure there is not many people playing PCO in solo mode ?
It's a good game with a different approach compared with CM2 and it's the only one of this type for the East Front. But the lack of any tools to find opponents is a big problem.

Rick,
Thanks for your fast reply.
k9mike

Post by k9mike »

If you have Dropbox set up I would be willing to play a game with you. ;)
Give me a PM and will give you nickname and email...
Mike
Richie61

Post by Richie61 »

Charly G,

I was talking about MP. I can't speak for solo play. I own both games plus others! PCO is a great game IMO.

Google drive works great for PCO MP games.

There are a few of us with a PCO ladder here:
http://ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/Home.php
To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

Charly G

Post by Charly G »

K9mike and Richie61,
Thanks for your kindness.
For the moment, I've playing many games with different wargames and I don't have a problem to find an opponent.
I've written a new topic in the PCO forums, because I was surprised by the lack of people asking a game in the "Opponents Wanted" forum and I've thought it was a problem for many other players (sorry if I'm wrong). I like this game and I try to find some ideas in order to get a more important community for PCO.

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”