Where is the limit?

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Jafele

Where is the limit?

Post by Jafele »

I´m no sure if it´s a bug, but I´d like to know where is the limit to buy units from a distant city. An HQ (with 3 trains) is able to buy ANY unit from an assigned city from a distance of 50 hexes (connected by rail). The same happens with assigned factories. Using this trick transfers has no sense. Wouldn´t be more logical to limit buys to Rail/truck/naval Cap? Please Vic, take a look at this before AT Platinum be released.

Thanks

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Jafele

RE: Where is the limit?

Post by Jafele »

The same HQ received troops even when he left the road (using two trucks). IMO the solution to this issue: when an unit is bought in a city/factory it must appear in the city´s hex. A HQ MUST be in the city´s/factory´s (and be assigned) hex and then transfer the troops to other units. Just using the common transfer rules. If this issue is ignored, players will tend to assign HQs to distant cities when the time of an offensive comes. It´s cheaper (no fuel required), easier (no railcap cost) and by the way, tricky.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Vic

Post by Vic »

hi,

rulevar(312) allows you to play with hardcore rule: production can only arrive in a HQ in the town it self.

it has been disabled by default to dont scare off player who dont like all the micromanagement this will bring.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Vic, how can I enable this rulebar? I´m not a native english speaker [:(] Is there any tutorial for it? It´s very important to me.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Jafele

Vic, how can I enable this rulebar? I´m not a native english speaker [:(] Is there any tutorial for it? It´s very important to me.

After you setup the scenario. go to editor => settings => rulevars => look up the rulevar in the list and change it.

The AI is not affected by the rule, but human players are.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Thanks Vic! [&o] I´m going to start a new game with some friends using this rulevar.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

LAO TSE

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”