Map Maker smoothing

Post bug reports and ask for help with issues here.

Moderator: rickier65

simonjl

Map Maker smoothing

Post by simonjl »

Not sure if this is right section of the forum so apols if I'm wrong.

When I try and create my map and follow the tutorial to recreate the map thats shown of Nikulino I have a problem with smoothing - I follow exactly what the video shows but my smoothed greyscale map looks much coarser (with big blocky grey squares still showing) than the example on the video 6.35, mine looks more like the first iteration of smoothing at 6.28.

What am I doing wrong?

Simmybear
rickier65

RE: Map Maker smoothing

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: simonjl

Not sure if this is right section of the forum so apols if I'm wrong.

When I try and create my map and follow the tutorial to recreate the map thats shown of Nikulino I have a problem with smoothing - I follow exactly what the video shows but my smoothed greyscale map looks much coarser (with big blocky grey squares still showing) than the example on the video 6.35, mine looks more like the first iteration of smoothing at 6.28.

What am I doing wrong?

Simmybear

I haven't looked at the video in quite a long time, but try the smoothing operation with your brush size (the circle buttons) is set to medium or large, and the intensity (the raindrop buttons) set to medium. Then you can use the smooth button a couple of time. the smooth button will smooth the entire map (unless you have set up some locked areas).

Thanks
rick
simonjl

Post by simonjl »

Rick

thank you for your reply ive try all the combinations of the two buttons you suggest and it still produces a coarse and blocky grey scale I'll try and post a picture but its like the process does a partial iteration and stops I dont seem to get any message in the bottom bar.

Simon
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

If you are going to do elevation changes do those as soon as you open the program up. The brush sizes should then change easily. If they lock down on you as you're using them you have to close the program and restart it in the elevation change part of the program.

Hope that helps.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

Return to “Tech Support”