CM and PCO

Panzer Command: Ostfront is the latest in a new series of 3D turn-based tactical wargames which include single battles, multi-battle operations and full war campaigns with realistic units, tactics and terrain and an informative and practical interface. Including a full Map Editor, 60+ Scenarios, 10 Campaigns and a very long list of improvements, this is the ultimate Panzer Command release for the Eastern Front!

Moderator: rickier65

Jafele

CM and PCO

Post by Jafele »

Last week a friend of mine asked me about PCO and CM battle for Normandy. I told him PCO is really good, realistic, challenging and cheap. I´ve never played CMBN, so I´m interested to know some details about this game, specially from someone who have played it before.

1-AI
2-Realism
3-Enjoyment in long-term
4-Is it a good buy in your opinion?

Thanks in advance
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
eniced73

RE: CM and PCO

Post by eniced73 »

Not being a smart arse here but if you go on over to the site you can read all kinds of good information about the game. I play both and really do not like comparing them to each other. Apples to oranges in my opinion. They both have really good gaming qualities. It all depends on what floats your boat as far as gaming goes.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Agreed and both have demos although you really need to read the manuals for both games to understand what is going on.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: eniced73

Not being a smart arse here but if you go on over to the site you can read all kinds of good information about the game. I play both and really do not like comparing them to each other. Apples to oranges in my opinion. They both have really good gaming qualities. It all depends on what floats your boat as far as gaming goes.

I know very well it has a demo and a lot of information in many sites, I asked about personal playing experience. Frequently, games critics show a bright side that doesn´t show the reality.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

you might see if you get some feedback on one of the Wargamer forums. There may be some reluctance to make comparisons of the two here. The two games do take a different approach to the subject, and some folks enjoy playing them both. Or you might try looking back to shortly after both were released, some comparisons were made then.

Thanks
Rick
madorosh

Post by madorosh »

edited
Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown »

I reckon there's no doubt that CMx2 is a more detailed, better looking sim. On the other hand, I find PC: O easier to play. I would argue that PC: O's lack of sophistication in some areas does not affect the type and quality of the tactical decisions that both games ask me to make.

Many of CMx2's additional features are chrome (modelling individual soldiers, casualty buddy aid, more ammo fidelity) that have little impact on tactical planning at the company and battalion level. Main aspects of CMx2 that I would like to see copied into PC: O are less abstract artillery mechanics and a proper organisational structure, including command/HQ units.

PC: O also gives you a much bigger chunk of WW2 for your money.

Cheers,

Andy

Return to “Panzer Command: Ostfront”