Air Units max 10 Aircraft

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Sorta

Air Units max 10 Aircraft

Post by Sorta »

soviet in 1941. Do the max 10 capacity squadrons go away or change to max of 20? If not assume disband and they are replaced by max 20?

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Walloc

RE: Air Units max 10 Aircraft

Post by Walloc »

The 10 plane btns gets slowly transformed into 20 plane regs. Look at the event log it will note it. Doesnt start to happen until a bit into the game.

Kind regards,

Rasmus
Sorta

Post by Sorta »

Is there any disadvantage to just disbanding them? Are they replaced by 20's?

Thanks
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

They turns into 20 plane regs, eventually. If u disband em using APs u dont get them back per say. I wont say there cant be cuircumstances it wont have merit to disbanding them. But as such i see no reason. Leave them in the national pool where they dont hurt any one. Eventually they will become 20 plane regs. if u disband them they wont. Likely a new unit might be made, but with lower moral and exp in most cases.
Also a needless expense of APs disbanding them. Might not be a big deal vs the AI. Vs humans u need every point of AP.

Other than that some times u at airfields get to a point where u have less than 20 support left, but more than 10. They're excellent in using up that last support with out going over.

Kind regards,

Rasmus
Flaviusx

Post by Flaviusx »

It doesn't cost APs to disband air units. I always get rid of these.
WitE Alpha Tester
Walloc

Post by Walloc »

Ok my bad then on that point.

Kind regards,

Rasmus
Omat

Post by Omat »

Hello

Air units with max 10 Aircraft and a unit name like:

- 2/XX YYY will be renamed quite fast. With renaming the unit from e.g. 2/44 IAP to XXX IAP the max. aircraft is
also changed from 10 -> 20. So this units I would not disband.

- Units with other names and 10 max aircraft I would disband.

Omat
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”