Improve Random Campaign Generation

Please post here for questions and discussion about unit modeling and general game modding. You can also post your new units and modifications here.

Moderator: rickier65

rickier65

Improve Random Campaign Generation

Post by rickier65 »

A couple of folks posted on forums about Random Campaign failing to generate. I've done some checking and found one issue that makes it a 50% chance of a random campaign failing for some of the campaigns.

I've redone one of the setup files to eliminate this problem. You can still get failures, but this should help reduce the chance There is still a chance for you to get a failure, but if you do simply re-running the Random Campaign Generator a 2nd time and chances are it will succeed.

I'm attaching a zipfile that contains the revised setup file. It's in JSGME format. If you do not use JSGME, you can unzip the file to a temporary location, and be looking at the folder in the unzipped file, you can see where to place the modified file. Make sure you save a copy of your original file in the event you have a problem (not necessary oif you use JSGME).

Feel free to give this a try.

Thanks
Rick
Attachments
Rickskess..08122012.zip
(774 Bytes) Downloaded 41 times

Return to “Maps, Models and Mods”