Never beaten so fast!

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Jake Hamilton

Never beaten so fast!

Post by Jake Hamilton »

I’m back to play a total random game. My race is Atuuk, and I’m starting out with one colony. As I go through the opening gambits and explore my options, I start by colonizing two planets. So far so good. Then all of sudden I’m blasted by a garish and somewhat gaudy screen as big red letters flash across the front saying: “You Have Been Defeated.” WHAT? I’m apparently not alone in this huge galaxy! Well that was fun. Putting my confusion aside, I go to the Victory screen. The winner is Ackdarian. I look below at the percentages of the three categories for winning. In each case the name of the winner is unknown, unknown, unknown. My first reaction is to quit and start a new game. Then I think: what the heck, and go on. Toward the end I’m winning. But then the Shakturi show up in a rage, and my winning streak ends, so I pick up my marbles and leave. What’s the deal here – anybody know?
Gareth_Bryne

RE: Never beaten so fast!

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

What were your victory objectives and date?
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
Jake Hamilton

Post by Jake Hamilton »

Hello Gareth,
I believe it was percent of colonies in galaxy -- percent of galaxies population. And percent of empires private economy. I don't remember the dates, because I'm out of that game, and I don't know which computer it's on. sorry about that. Jake
endoric_MatrixForum

Post by endoric_MatrixForum »

i bet one of your AI races was set to other than young or it was set to random and a huge empire was made at the start to fulfill victory conditions.
Gareth_Bryne

Post by Gareth_Bryne »

endoric, seconded. It does seem also that the date was set to too early a time.
"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari
Jake Hamilton

Post by Jake Hamilton »

From what I remember there was no end date set. Because the game was random, I could not have gone back to the original set up screen to see how the game was configured. I think it was just a game anomaly. Jake

Return to “The War Room”