Supplying Aussieland

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

John 3rd

Supplying Aussieland

Post by John 3rd »

Hello.

Am in a unique position of having nearly taken all of Australia in summer 1942. I would love to reap some good HI benefits from it. How much fuel and/or oil would be needed to keep Australia's HI running? Realize this is a Tracker question but thought I might get some help from my Allied 'friends' since it is THEY who normally have to think about this!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
JeffroK

RE: Supplying Aussieland

Post by JeffroK »

Far more than the japanese can afford to send there!

This is the built in penalty for having to deal with a trade union run factory system.
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

I've got resources by the bucketful. Have hauled out nearly 750,000 in a month's time. How much fuel or oil to keep the HI running for a month or so?

castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

I've got resources by the bucketful. Have hauled out nearly 750,000 in a month's time. How much fuel or oil to keep the HI running for a month or so?

I think it's not a bad idea to send fuel from the SRA to Australia if the distance is shorter. Java to Townsville may be shorter than Java to Japan but in the end, it won`t make much difference because you got so much HI in Japan that by the end of the war you will run out of fuel there anyway I guess so having everything in Japan to produce HI longer is the same as producing more HI earlier in that you move fuel to Australia.

As an Allied player I shut down all HI in Australia because the 500+ HI there just eat too much fuel per month and everything is needed for the Navy.

And does it make any sense to haul resources from Australia? Always thought that Japan is swimming in resources anyway so hauling it from that far would not make much sense.
moonraker65

Post by moonraker65 »

As an Allied player you can keep Australia topped up fairly easily from Cape Town. With the Convoys that show up there enough fuel and supplies stockpile over time to keep Oz ticking over even to the extent that I can usually run 4 CS Supply convoys and 2 CS Fuel Convoys to Adelaide which keeps the industry there going without too much trouble
intel i9 13900k 128 GB RAM, RTX 4070 ti GFx card
Mundy

Post by Mundy »

I'm at the other extreme. [:(]

In my RA3 PBEM, I managed to lose all my USN CVs by Jan '42.

My opponent has been very aggressive withi two-ship CV divisions running anti convoy missions -- east and west.

I've pretty much bled Oz dry of fuel, and many of my convoys are intercepted and killed.

When I do get some fuel in, it doesn't want to move to Townsville.

I'm pretty much living off the existing fuel in the tanks of the longer ranged transports.

Ed-
Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

As Allies, it makes no sense to run the HI. HI consumes fuel, and gives you supplies and HI points. The Allies don't need HI points, so all you get is a conversion of fuel to supplies. Since you have somewhat limited fuel hauling capacity, and basically unlimited supply hauling capacity, it makes no sense to leave it on. Turn it off, and if you need the supplies, haul them instead of make them.

As Japan, all the Resources you need in Japan are very close to Japan (China, etc); leave them in OZ.

I would bring in the fuel to run HI for awhile, in lieu of expanding HI elsewhere. Certainly as you are leaving Australia, if you ever have to, you run the HI to burn-off any remaining fuel stocks. But I would give it lower priority than other areas of the Empire.
Stvitus2002

Post by Stvitus2002 »

makes no sense to run the HI

Can't remember, is domestic(Aussie) aircraft production
shut down if i shut down the HI?

WO 0/0
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Playing as Allies, I consider it part of my job to keep the industry in Australia running, so I don't turn off production.

But John asked as Japan... while I don't know the exact figure, someone estimated that Australia needs about 70,000 fuel each month to keep everything running. Supply is basically not needed, but as Allies a good amount gets sent at least to stockpile for use elsewhere. Oil is needed, but I don't know how much (after the DEI/Burma fall there is only excess production at Abadan and that is very small).

I guess the real issue is how much industry survived (I presume you will not repair any?), so the 70,000 fuel per month would be an upper limit.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

All the Aussie aircraft production turned into vehicle production (which makes little sense) and I captured the HI throughout the continent fully INTACT! So 70,000 fuel per month? Certainly do-able and much closer then the Home Islands. Could I drop it off at Perth and it get moved around or will I have to look a Brisbane, Sydney, or Melbourne?

Alekks

Post by Alekks »

When playing as the Allies, you can offload fuel in Perth and it will flow to the other cities along the southern half of Australia.

I read somewhere that it will pool higher in places that have more disbanded ships in port. That may or may not have any real impact and memory is not what it used to be, but the fuel will definitely migrate from Perth over to Melbourne/Sydney on its own, but not go up to Darwin, IIRC.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

The number of ships (at sea) home-ported at a base will also influence how much fuel it calls for.
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Warrant officer 0/0

WO 0/0

No.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
Mac Linehan

Post by Mac Linehan »

ORIGINAL: crsutton

WO 0/0

No.

crsutton -

Am appreciative for this claifification. I habitually turn off the Oz HI (to conseve fuel), but was uncertain if this impacted aircraft production.

Mac
LAV-25 2147
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

ORIGINAL: Mac Linehan

ORIGINAL: crsutton

WO 0/0

No.

crsutton -

Am appreciative for this claifification. I habitually turn off the Oz HI (to conseve fuel), but was uncertain if this impacted aircraft production.

Mac

1. For both Japan and the Allies, all HI points accrue to a global pool.

2. For both sides on-map aircraft factories consume HI points from the global pool to build aircraft.

3. No HI points in the pool, no on-map production of aircraft.

4. If only some HI points in the pool, only a partial on-map production of aircraft will ensue.

Alfred
zuluhour

Post by zuluhour »

If I had played John as my first PBEM I would have switched games.[:D]
crsutton

Post by crsutton »

As Alfred says it is a "global" pool so losing your industry in OZ will not turn off aircfraft production if you are still producing enough HI elsewhere. It would be pretty hard for the Japanese player to shut down Allied production enough to have an effect. And he he does, then you have pretty much been hosed all over the map, and probably have bigger problems to worry about..[;)]
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

If I had played John as my first PBEM I would have switched games.[:D]

This is Lew and I's second major campaign together. We got well into 1943 the first time.

Banzan

Post by Banzan »

And as Alfred said also, only on-map production is affected as most allied planes and all ships are just replacement, not produced.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”