Typo in unit details: HQ Power mouse-over

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

abulbulian

Typo in unit details: HQ Power mouse-over

Post by abulbulian »

On a unit details it states in the mouse-over that you must stay with 5 hexes of HQ for %100 HQ power. It also mentions that for every hex outside that range there's a -5% HQ power mod.

However, when I move a subordinate unit to 6 hexes, one outside max range HQ, from my HQ it's HQ power goes down by 25% NOT 5%. So either it's a typo and should state -25% in the mouse-over, or there's a bug in the code and it's decreasing the HQ power by too much. So what is correct??

The rules are kind of vague as to which is correct:

[font="Courier New"]9.1. HOW HQ POWER WORKS
When you select a unit, you can see the HQ Power percentage its HQ has over it. Ideally
it should be 100%, but if the distance between the subordinate unit and HQ becomes
too far, the percentage will drop, eventually to 0. The HQ Power influences the effect
the commander and staff bonuses have on the unit. If the unit has, for example, only
20% HQ Power over it, then it means you will only get 20% of the staff and commander
bonus. Always make sure your frontline units have as high a HQ Power % as possible.
Furthermore, HQ Power modifies the result of almost all Corps/Army (Sov) level
officer action cards and all Army/Front (Sov) level action cards that have impact on
front-line units of a Corps HQ.[/font]
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
Grotius

RE: Typo in unit details: HQ Power mouse-over

Post by Grotius »

I'm almost certain it's supposed to be 25%, not 5%, so I think that mouseover is a typo.
bwheatley

Post by bwheatley »

Yea its probably an ATG holdover.
-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command
abulbulian

Post by abulbulian »

Yes, I kind of figured the 25% reduction, which is what occurs, was correct and not the 5% stated in the mouse-over. Not a big deal just some content that should change in a release. Nothing of priority.
- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha/Beta Tester WitW and WitE2

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”