New DC Case Blue v1.01g Public Beta

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

Andrew Loveridge

New DC Case Blue v1.01g Public Beta

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hi all,

There is a new 1.01 update in the works. We have a Public Beta available in the Members Club. It includes a number of improvements and fixes. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

Edit - This has been updated to 1.01 g, and includes a few additional changes. It fixes some PBEM++ bugs and an AI bug.

Best Regards,
Andrew

v1.01g – August 6, 2012
    Fixes[/b][ul]
  • An ai related bug
  • A pbem++ bug with some non US culture-region settings, like Norwegian.
  • When pbem++ you can now abort registration properly and use login with existing username/password.
[/ul]

v1.01b – Aug 3, 2012

(R=restart of scenario needed to be effective, BUG=big bug fixed)
    [b]Improvements[/b][ul]
  • Message text with Intelligence card reply improved and correct strategic position of enemy now given. (R)
  • Now game doesn’t number newly created Soviet Engineer groups, it’s more consistent. (R)
  • Azov is now a port so Rostov can be kept in supply when encircled, in all scenarios. (R)
  • AA / Flak now have higher symbol value so it shows on counter in silhouette mod.(R)
  • 14th Panzer missing from Stalingrad 6th Army, added it to both Uranus scenarios. (R)
  • 16th Motorized added to Case Blue campaign scenarios but not to Voronezh scenario. (R)
  • Reduced number of trucks, halftracks and tanks in (to-be pocket of) Stalingrad in Op. Uranus. (only about 100 German tanks or less left now ) (R)
  • Little bigger font used in combat results.
  • Hotkey for HQ Power (Key-5) and Air/Art Range (Key-6) added.
  • Super Higher resolution now supported, bug with 2600 pixel width should be fixed.
  • Already registered people with Slitherine (due to playing PBEM++ with another game) now have option to choose ‘already registered’ button and use the regular login in the next screen.
  • When you switch a unit and play the speed card again it will have less effect. (R)
  • New mod file lines can be added. After the buttons have all been defined there is now an optional line that takes the number of graphicfile string replacements. For each number add a line below. With two arguments: “stringtobereplaced,” ”stringtoreplacewith.” This functionality makes it easy to make graphic mods that don’t overwrite existing graphics. I will give some more info on this separately.
  • Wheel zooms in and out at location of mouse.
Bug Fixes
  • Combat popup artwork for soviet side now correct. (R)
  • Fixed a Bug with aircraft not doing any structural damage when not faced with any opponents. (BUG)
  • 1st Panzer Army campaign save in last turn and reload bug (ComradeP) is fixed.(R)
  • Karl Gerat … x5 attack. (still forgot the hitpoints, its on the list for the next version) (R)
  • Caprione 311 logo vales and quite a few other aircraft used the right stats but did not show them in their pop up window=> fixed. (R)
  • 1st PzA replacement troops are now working as they should! (R) (BUG)
  • A bug related with playing a card like 'emergency troops' and having certain tabs open like the OOB tab has been fixed. (BUG)
  • When clicking OOB tab close you click through on map => fixed.
  • Some small fixes in editor and for import zip function.
  • Editor Add SfType bug fixed.
[/ul]
Templer_12

Fast delivery.

Post by Templer_12 »

Ordered a few days ago. Delivery now.
Puh, that's what I call a fast service!

Probably the interpretation of Blitzkrieg (Blitzpatch) by VR design.
amatteucci

RE: DC Case Blue Public Beta v1.01

Post by amatteucci »

Wonderful!
Not only this is a great game (just ended my first campaign against the German AI, very fun and very immersive!) but it's clear it will become even better.

(P.S. The Italian aircraft firm name was Caproni.)
Blind Sniper

Post by Blind Sniper »

Great support!
WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

[center]Image[/center]
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge
[*]Wheel zooms in and out at location of mouse.
That's much better than before. But it's also far from perfect! [:(]
[*]Little bigger font used in combat results.
Still very small. [:(]
SCAF

Post by SCAF »

Thanks, will test it out.
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

ORIGINAL: Templer
It is now apparent that it works well on the big maps.
Only the little maps and the linked scenario won't work so well.
sandman2575

Post by sandman2575 »

There are great improvements -- nice (and fast!) work --
jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

so for those of us thinking of starting a PBEM what's the rough timeline on an actual patch, and is the beta probably all that will be released with the patch or will there be more fixes/enhancements coming? thanks.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

It is now apparent that it works well on the big maps.
Only the little maps and the linked scenario won't work so well.

Yes, it kind of zooms in 'near' the mouse location but it's still off target by 3-4 hexes, which is slightly off-putting when you have a lot of units on the map. Every time you zoom you have to go looking for the unit you were actually interested in as it's shifted somewhat away from where your mouse pointer is.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Scouseair68

Post by Scouseair68 »

What's happening is if you zoom one level what was under your cursor appears in the centre of the screen, but if you zoom two levels at once your cursor is still where the unit originally was so the second zoom focuses on that area.

For small maps the zoom to cursor seems to be disabled in my experience so far.

I'm just zooming one level at a time, then repositioning the cursor and zooming again. Only way to fix would be to have your cursor repositioned in the centre of the screen too.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

When a HQ looses its cards after a unit is transferred to it, is it intended that all higher HQs up in the chain of command also loose their cards? For example, in the Voronezh scenario, transferring a division from one corps to another in the Fourth Panzer Army causes both the corps itself to loose its cards, as well as the Fourth Panzer Army itself and OKH.
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: map66

When a HQ looses its cards after a unit is transferred to it, is it intended that all higher HQs up in the chain of command also loose their cards? For example, in the Voronezh scenario, transferring a division from one corps to another in the Fourth Panzer Army causes both the corps itself to loose its cards, as well as the Fourth Panzer Army itself and OKH.

Yes its intended behaviour, but I am not sure I am really happy with the change in Patch 1. Basically if you should at the moment first move & attack and play cards and then only after this start changing HQs. I am going to look into an alternative way to prevent cards by multiple HQs to be played on the same unit. In the meantime this does closes the change-hq-play-another-card exploit.

Best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
balto

Post by balto »

Whoa, that sucks. I have not played around with the HQ transfer feature in a while. That sounds like that would make a transfer too painful to consider.

How about you just code the combat units (not the HQ units) that it can only receive One card per turn.
Vic

Post by Vic »

I thought it over again and actually balto is partly right. Its pretty annoying. I will change it around again before going gold with this patch.
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

ORIGINAL: Vic

I thought it over again and actually balto is partly right. Its pretty annoying. I will change it around again before going gold with this patch.

Actually, I for one could probably deal with delaying switching units til the end of the turn---- it certainly would be better then the situation in WiTE when a somewhat similar exploit, chaining HQ buildup, remained in the game for many, many months... But that said, is there any way just to make a unit that is transferred immune to the effects of all cards? It seems an obvious simple solution, though I suspect there are coding issues or you would have done it the first time.
balto

Post by balto »

Map,

I think I understand what you are saying. You are saying that transferred units should not benefit from cards played the same turn that they transfer.

I think the solution is what I referenced above. You code that a UNIT can only receive ONE CARD a turn.

Mapp, if I am wrong, let me know. I am slightly confused about what you are saying.

marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

Balto, yeah, I probably phrased it poorly. Basically I just meant that once a unit was transferred a card could not be played on it, nor could it benefit from any corps wide cards played on it as well. The problem I see with a limit of one card per turn is that some of the cards are designed (I think) to stack with each other, for example playing freedom and speed on the same turn and that sort of thing.
balto

Post by balto »

I thought once a commander played a card, he is blacked-out and cannot play anymore cards.

I also thought that the OKH and Army cards are only played on Army and Corp commanders and are not unit oriented.

If I am correct (and I may not be), there is no way to stack cards unless you do the gamey exploit of re-assigning units to different Corps.
marcpennington

Post by marcpennington »

No, certain Army or High Command certain cards affect all units in the corps, which can be followed by the corps commander playing a card on the specific division, causing the effects to stack. For example, the army commander plays a card boosting the defense values of an entire corps, then the corps commander plays an entrench card on one specific division.

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”