Game suggestion?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ZeMage

Game suggestion?

Post by ZeMage »

Hi all, I hope this is posted in the right place for this.

Anyway im looking for a good strategy game mainly turn based, Im not one of the hardcore strat gamers but i
play/have played many strategy games and well im looking for something new.

For RTS and i still play them to this day is sins of a solar empire, warzone 2100, and Medieval total war 2 there the only 3 worth mentioning that i like but im looking for some turn based games.

Turn based games i have liked are Galactic civilizations 2, Warlock: Master of the arcane, and
Storm frontline nation, Thats pretty much it really i love city management in my turn based games which most of them lack.

Again what im looking for really is something that has very good city management and is a turn based game, Would prefer it to be hex based but as long as its turn based its no problem.
plz
junk2drive

RE: Game suggestion?

Post by junk2drive »

Welcome

I can't think of any city building games here at Matrix. There are a couple of 4x games. For WWII there is Panzer Corps, similar to the old Panzer General.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hey and welcome, city building games ... mmm maybe good old Civilization? *if* you have Steam installed they have summersale right now and the whole package of CIVIII, IV and V including all DLC's is now 25 €. A bargain. Personally I stopped loving Civ since it became so cartoony in IV and V, but it's still epic turn based strategy with a huge amount of city management.
ZeMage

Post by ZeMage »

Its not City building im after, Just a lot of city management like AOE2 you could say? Warlock does this nicely but not as much as i want it to for example you build farms and the sort to gain food and markets to gain gold, I think in a WW2 game it would be politics that im after? I dont know how this sort of system works in a WW2 game something similar to hearts of iron 3?

See in Storm Frontline nation you have a map of the EU, You can research new tech for nuclear war and you can pick a war with whoever you want, Not really much city building in that game but it does have a lot of city management.
plz
Josh

Post by Josh »

Well Stronghold and Caesar are games where you actually "build" stuff in your cities, but then these games are not on a "europe-map" scale, AOE and the Civ series are much grander but are more "city- management" where buildings only increase certain statistics say culture/science/defense and so on. Most games steer away from politics, just too complicated, only game that does it that I know of is the HOI series... but that's too much micro management IMHO.
Maybe you are looking for "Making History II" http://making-history.com/
ZeMage

Post by ZeMage »

I have looked a lot at the making history series but many people say Making history 2 was pretty bad :/
plz
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

Well, I just wanted to say Welcome to Matrix. [:)]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Josh

Post by Josh »

ORIGINAL: ZeMage

I have looked a lot at the making history series but many people say Making history 2 was pretty bad :/

Well now I wouldn't worry about that. I've played games that got raving reviews and I played them maybe a couple of times, just couldn't get into them.
Right now I'm having an absolute blast with "Iron Font; liberation 1944". It's got very bad reviews and customers demanding their money back from Steam... and I'm having an absolute blast with this game. Granted it had some ... 'issues' [:D] in single player, but multiplayer online is just awesome.
So yeah reviews and forums may give an indication of what a game might be like, but in the end *you* are the one playing it.

Return to “General Discussion”