Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: Vic

AndyG1

Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany

Post by AndyG1 »

Russian Minor Victory in the end. I literally JUST fell short on the last turn (12th July) - one more hex, 35 AP's more to spend and I would have made it!!!!

Turn 2 snow flurry slowed me down from the start, and the Russian Armour tried to take advantage by pouring through a weak spot on my front. They spread themselves out (North to South) over 3 hexes, but next turn I managed to circle them with a pincer movement - this spread out my Armour and Motorised units on the East, slower infantry to the West and South/North West. Despite being encircled there was always the fear they would break through my weak East line and re-establish a supply line. This in the end is what probably cost me victory - I felt the need to reduce this mass pocket of Russian armour before I could truly move East with confidence.

In the end, much redcued supply to my Stukas; Artillery and Armour slowed me down even more, plus the AI's fall back defence - followed in Turn by their Northern assault once the 5th Tank Army came into play.

Below are screenshots showing the situation on 10th July (only 1 hex of Russian Armour left in that pocket now). And then a high view and close up view of the situation at the end of the last turn (12th July). Voronehz so close yet so far!!!

Attachments
July10th1942.jpg
July10th1942.jpg (485.01 KiB) Viewed 97 times
AndyG1

RE: Voronehz Scenario Ending - Normal AI playing Germany

Post by AndyG1 »

And 12th July (last turn) - High view first (notice the light snow/precipitation returned at end of July 12th turn!):-

Attachments
July12th..rgeview.jpg
July12th..rgeview.jpg (590.67 KiB) Viewed 97 times
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

And lastly 12th July end of turn (AI goes last) - close up view:-

.....let's try again
AndyG1

Post by AndyG1 »

12th July (end of last turn) close up:-

Attachments
July12th..oseview.jpg
July12th..oseview.jpg (712.15 KiB) Viewed 97 times
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

I'm sure the snow/precipitation is just rain/mud.

Return to “After Action Reports”