New video,

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Dane49

New video,

Post by Dane49 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG9L6qUok4o-this video I uploaded today after watching the video that Graviteam posted on their forum page.Didn't realize how many changes were done to this map after the last update(Very nice).I also understand next patch will give an option for even taller grass.That would be cool!
Dane49

RE: New video,

Post by Dane49 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4FW1z-FdMQ This is something I never noticed before.If you look closely at the vehicals in this video,they seem to have taken on a camouflage paint job.When I first started this battle the vehicals looked bright and steel grey,like they just left the factory.But,as the battle progressed it seems that the dust and foliage settled on the vehicals to make them look like they were given a camouflage coating.I find this very interesting and a nice touch that never ceases to amaze me.Good job Graviteam!It's this kind of attention to detail,that makes this my favorite RTS game.
bairdlander2

Post by bairdlander2 »

Camo is in options screen
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Yes,I had the option(Patchy #2 for both sides) for camo set.But, the vehicals didn't start with a camo look,the camo for the vehicals didn't start to show until about 20 minutes into the battle and some vehicals didn't show any change what so ever and remained bright steel grey for the Germans and never changed colors at all for the Soviets.So,that led me to believe that the options for vehical camo don't work(For the infantry either),and the color change happened because the dust and terrian settled on the vehicals during the course of the battle and changed their appearance.
Dane49

Post by Dane49 »

Another point of interest concerning skin mods that were posted on the Graviteam forum.They are only for the winter battles,if you have that mod enabled in your game then the infantry will show up with winter uniforms on the summer Volokonovka map.So you will have to disable that mod again in the Updater if you want to play the summer map with summer uniforms.And I have yet to be able to save a game when that mod is enabled also.So if you don't plan on playing the game through in one sitting it's best to disable that mod if you are using it,before you start a campaign or battle.

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”