SECURITY SIGN IN UNREADABLE!!!!!

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

kirk23

SECURITY SIGN IN UNREADABLE!!!!!

Post by kirk23 »

I'm really annoyed now,it took me more than 7 attempts to gain access to the forum,because the new security code is unreadable,if you don't want us to post on the forums just tell us,don't just make it virtually impossible to read the code on sign in.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Make it so!
PJJ

RE: SECURITY SIGN IN UNREADABLE!!!!!

Post by PJJ »

Yes, and there are still just as many spammers as before.
"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be shitted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870
invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

I'm really annoyed now,it took me more than 7 attempts to gain access to the forum,because the new security code is unreadable,if you don't want us to post on the forums just tell us,don't just make it virtually impossible to read the code on sign in.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Same here, I had to zoom the page to 150% to read the image. Some were totally unreadable.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

You can keep refreshing and sooner or later an easily readable security image will come up. Of course other steps need to be taken , one suggestion would be the member reaching a certain post count before having the ability of starting their own thread.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
wodin

Post by wodin »

Take Sig's out of the forum aswell will help.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Are you kidding me? It took me almost 5 minutes to log into the forum. If this isn't fixed, Matrix has lost a customer. I bought two games this week and it will be the last unless this security code is fixed so I can read it. I'll just end up concentrating on battlefront's games and buy from them. This has to be the worst design decision I have ever seen to frustrate loyal customers to learn and improve a product that they have purchased.

Totally unacceptable
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

ORIGINAL: wodin

Take Sig's out of the forum aswell will help.

Sounds great to me !! What do you say we both lead the parade and delete our signatures .
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
uncc

Post by uncc »

....eh, I didn't find it too bad, but then I always have a magnifying glass handy at my desk. [:)]

However, as stated above in this thread, it doesn't seem to have bothered the spammers one bit...probably because they are all much younger and have better eyesight than us old farts...
It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once -- David Hume, Scottish philosopher (1711 - 1776)
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

WTF? This is not good. Took me ten minutes of guessing before I got in. The spammers won, legitimate users can't get on.[:@]
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi guys

this was an experiment to reduce spam but it hasn't worked and we have reverted back. Sorry for any inconvenience!

We're looking for alternative solutions.

Cheers

Iain
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Cheers Iain, that worked first time no hassle LANG MAE YER LUM REEK ![:)]
Make it so!
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Hi guys

this was an experiment to reduce spam but it hasn't worked and we have reverted back. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Cheers

Iain

How about NOT letting new users link anything for 10 or 20 or even 30 posts? We can catch them in their ineptitude.....
At least try it instead of making us old geezers get magnifying glasses to log on?
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

No problem, I know you guys are trying. The problem here is NOT matrix, its the SPAMMERS.....lets remember that guys. Instead of making purchase threats. At least their trying.[;)]

Hi guys

Cheers

Iain
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

There are lots of things we can do but the forum software doesn't support them so means hacking it to pieces to do anything like that.

The best thing to do is upgrade the forum software but that's a bigger job so we need to work out how that fits in to the schedule.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Hi guys

Cheers

Iain

Keep trying Iain, the spammers are pretty thick and very annoying.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Jim D Burns

Post by Jim D Burns »

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker
How about NOT letting new users link anything for 10 or 20 or even 30 posts? We can catch them in their ineptitude.....
At least try it instead of making us old geezers get magnifying glasses to log on?

No way, that'll simply lead to dozens of 1 line posts they create so the spammers can then link something, thus adding far more garbage posts to what we have to slosh through.

A better solution is to make their member term of service a requirement. Say 3 month’s minimum before you can post links?

Jim
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

It could also somehow be stopped at the account generation process.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns
ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker

No way, that'll simply lead to dozens of 1 line posts they create so the spammers can then link something, thus adding far more garbage posts to what we have to slosh through.

A better solution is to make their member term of service a requirement. Say 3 month’s minimum before you can post links?

Jim

sounds good too....combine the two min 3 months and then 30 posts prior to linking..A real grog will wait
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Fred98

Post by Fred98 »

ORIGINAL: kirk23
...because the new security code is unreadable,

There are a number of forums I vist and they also use this system.

As an idea it is a good idea.

However sometimes the characters really are impossible to read!

Return to “General Discussion”