Bogged track?

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
Matto

Bogged track?

Post by Matto »

Downloaded demo and trying this game ... looks really good and I'm afraid I will buy it [8D]
Just question ... I played demo operation and in second battle I have mechanized platoon with bren carriers ... during battle two of them stopped moving between some trees and looks bogged. But I cannot find this information anywhere ... is it displayed anywhere?
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

Redmarkus5

RE: Bogged track?

Post by Redmarkus5 »

Armor will get stuck in the woods. Try to stick to road movement orders through woods or at least stay close to the edge. Use foot infantry (non-mech) to clear woods, if you have them.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
budd

Post by budd »

Usually the troops bail out if its stuck for good. I'm not sure if that info shows in the troop status icons. You could mouse over them and see. Once had one drive up a house in the dark and was stuck on two wheels. The crew bailed.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

This behaviour is rare however, if you send your troops to the same places you would in real life - so, use road march for towns and woods, avoid water, send infantry into close terrain and armour into open terrain...
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”