Frustration!

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

Toonz

Frustration!

Post by Toonz »

Hello,

I recently discovered this title was available. I owned BTR back in the day and enjoyed it very much. I purchased this game yesterday and I'm more than a little frustrated.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and I'm having a few issues getting the game to run properly.

1.) The game loads fine but runs slow. I have applied the patch it doesn't seem to help with the slow/poor scrolling.
2.) I have no aircraft graphics during the movement phase of a turn.
3.) I get no indication of range to a target

I have a quad core processor and tried it on just one core. It did not help. I also tried using DirectDraw Software Emulation, again to no avail.

Is there a way to fix these issues?
kaleun

RE: Frustration!

Post by kaleun »

Wish I could help you. I've had no trouble running W7 64 bit and using Game Booster to disable all those annoying programs running in the background; they take about 40% of your processing power.
Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

ORIGINAL: Toonz
1.) The game loads fine but runs slow. I have applied the patch it doesn't seem to help with the slow/poor scrolling.

Hi, this happened to me, and after a month I realized that
I had not changed the option below (in red in the screen);
by default the setting is 'none'.
Maybe this can help:

leftydad

Post by leftydad »

Thanks for the tip about the options screen and Processor Affinity setting. The game wouldn't go past the intro screen until now. I also find that I have to use Windowed Mode or it won't work.

Now it finally works!

I've got Windows 7 64 bit, dual core.
James
pompack

Post by pompack »

I have "All cores" selected with both directdraw and windowed mode OFF. Never had a problem with run time or crashes

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”