Coordinated Attack

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Marshal Villars

Coordinated Attack

Post by Marshal Villars »

Curious as to why this Bn has launched an assault before my entered Assault time of 18:00.

The reason it is important to me is because I had hoped to get the FJ Bn in the SE to attack NW at 18:00 as well. But it seems the Bn in motion just ignored their "assault at" time.

Of course, I could me making a mistake in interpreting what is happening here, but thought I would ask.

I didn't assign an FUP for the Bn in the NW -- are they advancing to the FUP since I was too lazy to enter one myself?

Attachments
HTTRCoordAttack1.jpg
HTTRCoordAttack1.jpg (294.98 KiB) Viewed 27 times
Marshal Villars

RE: Coordinated Attack

Post by Marshal Villars »

Update: No they aren't advancing to the FUP. They kept going until they were on top of the AT unit at 16:58.
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

What are the aggression and judgement values for the commander?

Could also be a bug. Don't suppose you have a save from just before that to look at?
Setting the start at is more reliable (but you do need to assess the FU time to get fair coordination), or set both off together and adjust routes/speeds to get both converged at the same time and place. Your approach is more 'correct' but seems to have not worked.

I'd never noticed it, but my planning is more "wander over there and see what progress you can make" or "Go there now and cause havoc"... the more nuanced orders are a bit too 'planned' for me.
Subtle is adding another Battalion to the attack, plus lots ALL of the artillery. [:D]
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I'm working through the video tutorial and was coordinating the attack on Lommersveeler. I originally set the assault at time to 13:07 (i know I'm pretty late). BUt during play I had several messages that the attack was being delayed. However, the shown assault at time has not changed. Does this value not get updated?

Thanks
Rick

Attachments
assaultcoord.jpg
assaultcoord.jpg (131.66 KiB) Viewed 27 times

Return to “Command Ops Series”