Weird LOS

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

robc04_1

Weird LOS

Post by robc04_1 »

Again, not sure if this is a bug, or just a weird side effect on how LOS is implemented. Notice the bottom-most yellow hex. Why is that within line of sight for the selected unit, but not the 2 hexes before it? It looks like for some reason the 2 are blocked by the trees but the one shaded yellow is not. There doesn't appear to be a change in elevation. This is from the first tutorial.

Attachments
COH_Screenshot_007.jpg
COH_Screenshot_007.jpg (236.94 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
ericbabe

RE: Weird LOS

Post by ericbabe »

Though it may be counter-intuitive, LOS doesn't have to be continuous. I tried to mark up the image below to show what's going on (it's a little hard to see from this angle -- a top-down view would be clearer). Basically the lines to the two obscured hexes, marked in black, are passing through the woods hex circled in red. The white line to the visible hex passes far enough south of that hex that it is reckoned as a visible line.

Attachments
LosQ.jpg
LosQ.jpg (279.91 KiB) Viewed 130 times
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

Thanks for the explanation. That is a little counter intuitive, especially for a system that uses hexes.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
Aladinn

Post by Aladinn »

I dont see why you introduced this kind of line of sight, as now you cannot predict when you are in or out los before you move into a square. with the board game rules there is no question whether you can see a square or not, so you can use this more for planning and strategy

Return to “Tech Support”