Suggestions

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

comsolut

Suggestions

Post by comsolut »

Not sure where you want suggestions posted, but one I have is to be able to rotate the camera 90 degrees with one click. The right click and drag is difficult and for my style of play I usually just want to see the long axis of the game board horizontally and periodically switch to behind the troop view (the long axis then becomes vertical). A rotate 90 degrees would allow this quickly and simply.
Bison36

RE: Suggestions

Post by Bison36 »

Camera view/angle lock toggle option.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Bases to make the sprites easier to see.
raizer

Post by raizer »

audio prompt for when on line player joins your game f lobby
hugi

Post by hugi »

Faster camera movements.

Better highlight which unit is activated. The 3d units are a little bit highlighted but the tokens not. The units name (n button) are also highlighted, but sometimes I have to search what my enemy do or did.

Option to calculate / see the LOS from every hex.
comsolut

Post by comsolut »

Being able to do setup in top down camera mode.
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: tgb

Be a man use counters\chits ;)
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Cycling through units with +/- or side mouse buttons have the camera scroll automatically to each unit being cycled to.

When a unit is being transported have the transported units icon or type appear with the information on the bottom left interface as the half size chit representing the transported unit is to small to see without zooming very close or just have the full size transported chit stacked on top then with each left click the one on top is replaced by the one underneath.
tgb

Post by tgb »

ORIGINAL: wodin

ORIGINAL: tgb

Be a man use counters\chits ;)

I have been, and will continue to if I have to, but give me sprites that I can see, dammit.
wodin

Post by wodin »

tgb, I'm only joking hope you realise that.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I do.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Thanks for the good ideas. We should start an official wish list...
wodin

Post by wodin »

Maybe a suggestion sticky?
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

Please display unit stat window during unit deployment.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

In the objectives / scoring window, the scoring objectives are listed per turn, they should be listed per round to stay consistent with the game terminology. Points are awarded at the end of a round.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

Show rally chance (in %) with modifiers in tooltip over rally button. I have a healthy unit in hex with injured unit so I should get a +1 bonus.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

Have tooltip over disabled unit action buttons to inform the user why they can't perform the action. Is this isn't possible to do with disabled buttons, maybe you can use another method to let the user know it can't be selected (like a red border). I want to hide a unit that I'm pretty sure is out of LOS from the enemy, but the button is disabled. I suspect I don't have enough AP, but the manual doesn't state how many AP are required to hide.

Ok, I added some CAPs to the unit for more AP and the hide button enables when I get 7 AP. So hiding takes 7AP. I would like my above suggestion considered.

PS - We moved away from disabling buttons in the business app I worked on years ago for the same reason. The users were confused why they couldn't perform an action when the button was disabled.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
robc04_1

Post by robc04_1 »

Don't let the player know when the opponent passes or when the opponent moves a unit out of LOS. Just display a message such as 'unknown action'. It gives the player too much info knowing what the opponent does. Now that I see that the AI is passing I suspect he may be out of AP (not necessarily true) and can be a little less cautious in my movement.
Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Part of the strategy of passing when your opponent does is to advance the round. If you are the defender and have to hold something for 5 rounds to win and your opponent passes for some reason you should make him pay the price. When I first played the board game against a stronger player I made this mistake a few times. So in fact it is critical to know when your opponent passes.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

In fact I think when the opponent passes it should be boldly shown on the main display so you know it happened. Instead you have to look carefully down at the text box. If you have it closed then you may miss the opportunity to pass the round in your favor. So I guess my disagreement with you has now turned into a suggestion.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”