Dice

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Igbe

Dice

Post by Igbe »

Maybe I am missing something. Is there anyway to turn on the dice roll without rolling dice yourself? Its hard to keep up with what I rolled and there is no virtual dice on the screen.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
ericbabe

RE: Dice

Post by ericbabe »

There is an option for this in Game Preferences.
Igbe

Post by Igbe »

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

There is an option for this in Game Preferences.

Thanks! I will have another look when I get home from work. Most likely didn't notice it in my hurry to play.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

You will then have the dice pop up on your unit when you attack.
Speaking of dice, what is the option to "turn dice camera on/off" icon on the right in game meant to do? When i have this icon ticked each time i attack i have a window popup in the middle of the screen with a slider to change sensitivity and options to move the camera, i would upload a screenshot but i am not sure how to on here.
michaelincol

Post by michaelincol »

gives you option to physically roll your own (if you have a webcam to see it). Doc in manual and I read it somewhere on forum.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

Yes, the Dice Camera lets you position a web camera over a spot on your desk, roll your own dice, and import the results into the game. It works best with a bowl in which to roll the dice and with white dice with black pips. If you webcam has fancy features like autofocus or eye tracking, you should turn those off. We've gotten very good results with very cheap webcams (I just tested a camera I purchased on Amazon for $3.19.) I personally find playing with the Dice Camera to be a blast: shaking the dice and knowing that I need a 9 or higher to hit brings a lot of the excitement of the boardgame into the computer game for me.
michaelincol

Post by michaelincol »

My 7 year old Sam is a wargaming kid, and we were just talking about getting real dice as we agree it will be a blast. By the way, he loves the game, too.
michael
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

That's great to hear. My eleven-year-old twins were two of my best beta testers -- they did crazy things with the interface that no adult would ever dream of trying to do :-)
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

Thanks for the info, i must get round to reading these manuals everybody keeps talking about, i thought my game was playing up, lol.
Cool idea with the camera by the way though i would haveto make sure that the cam did not automatically activate my mic on the off chance my opponent was easily offended.
Enjoyable game so far, well done chaps.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

[:)] The Dice Camera is only for games against the AI. We don't really have a good way to stream the images between multiplayer opponents or (more importantly?) to prevent cheating.
major.pain

Post by major.pain »

I see, still a nice touch though.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”