Scale of the game

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

duncan007

Scale of the game

Post by duncan007 »

Hello all,

what is the scale of the game ?
Is it approximatively the same as HPS Squad battles ?
How many squads and vehicles you can manage at maximum ?

thx

tyrion22

RE: Scale of the game

Post by tyrion22 »

ORIGINAL: zeduncan

Hello all,

what is the scale of the game ?
Is it approximatively the same as HPS Squad battles ?
How many squads and vehicles you can manage at maximum ?

thx

In the board game rules it says that one hex is about 40-50 meters. I think most of the scenarios are at most company level (about 15 squads perhaps), but someone can probably correct me on this, if I'm wrong.
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

Thx for your reply.
Anybody could give more accurate infos ?
I don't like games with too few guys to manage.
Memories of Arnhem bridge defense with 7 soldiers still painful today [:D]
If i buy the game, may i hope scenarios with at least one full company and at best with a battalion ?

Joram

Post by Joram »

It depends on the scenario. Some of the initial scenarios are just 4-6 counters. These are intended to be introductory scenarios but are interesting challenges in their own right. The later scenarios are generally much larger, 20-30 units per side.
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

Thx Joram
[&o]
20-30 units interesting...

Waiting for some reviews before final assault with paypal...

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”