Anyone up for a GC?

For non-server PBEM games, post here to look for an opponent.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

notenome

Anyone up for a GC?

Post by notenome »

So yeah, been gone for a long time. My last GC was with comradeP way back when but we had to put that in indefinite hold as the Axis were really handicapped and underperforming (I was playing Soviet but still).

Anyone up for a GC? As I haven't played in like 2 years I'll be taking soviets. We can agree on house rules to keep each other sane.
notenome

RE: Anyone up for a GC?

Post by notenome »

Hello?

Am I doing something wrong? Most offers get picked up pretty fast, did I offend some sensibilities?
RCHarmon

Post by RCHarmon »

It's not you. You'll get a bite, someone will come along. Many players are tired of playing a GC that doesn't get past the blizzard and very rarely gets to 1943.

The 1941 blizzard has ended more games than any other single event. It is completely unhistorical, but in the games introduction the Soviet player is told that he gets that time for pay back. So in the devs insistence that they will not make a Axis fantasy game they have hard coded in a Soviet fantasy; and then they tell the players that they do not know how to play the game.

Its hard to understand why the devs expect to sell copies of this game when the biggest game killer is a unhistorical 1941 blizzard that they have hard coded in.

After 1942 there is little reason or interest for some Axis players to keep playing. I'm a good sport and will play on, but when the steamroller comes in full force the game becomes rather dull. It is like a college football team lining up against a high school team and whipping them every down.

Not meant to be a high jack just answering your concern.
notenome

Post by notenome »

Is anybody out there?... Feel so lonely...
M60A3TTS

Post by M60A3TTS »

I thought you were going to play baba.

As RCH says, it may take a day or two, but you'll get someone.  The lack of people willing to play the Axis is not as bad as some make it out to be.

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

you got a PM, notenome.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”