Decent understand of supply but a few questions...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

macroman247

Decent understand of supply but a few questions...

Post by macroman247 »

A week in to my first GC and things are going well. I know I need to already be planning ahead for supply issues but I'm trying to understand the big picture here. After checking out industry and actually understanding that aspect...I am curious as to how the flow of supply is supposed to go. HI and light industry produce supply (amongst other stuff) which need resources and fuel to do so. The west coast seems to produce a lot of supply so I imagine I need to transport it off to PH to be spread around to other areas.

Places like Sydney also produce supply but it seems to lack resources/fuel. Mainland AUS produces resources and fuel but it does not seem to be able to keep up with Sydney demand. Should I send fuel and resources or just fuel to Sydney via the west coast?

Basically, what do I do with major HI bases? I see Bombay, Calcutta, Chungking and other Asia based bases have a lot of industry but it seems that it is all sucked up within the mainland and nothing builds up at the base to be sent off to nearby islands that can't produce their own supply (I could be so far off on this, I'm not sure).

I understand the minute details of supply/transport...but not the overall best ways to utilize what I have.
rjopel

RE: Decent understand of supply but a few questions...

Post by rjopel »

Resources, fuel and oil take a week or so to get sorted out naturally. AUS is about 330 oil/day short but has plenty of resources. I ship fuel and supplies to AUS only. Historically they partially shutdown the refinery during the war. Fuel tankers are not the same as oil tankers and fuel was more important. If you can pull a bunch of oil early from DEI you could but it would leave a ton of fuel for Japan. I'd rather take the immediately usable fuel.
Ryan Opel
Itdepends

Post by Itdepends »

No point hauling oil if you can haul fuel. You can shut off heavy industry in Oz to preserve your fuel stocks for fleet operations. You'll have plenty of cargo ships to move supplies from the West coast to Oz but not many tankers to move fuel.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Several relevant threads already on this subject.

Try this one to give you some ideas.

tm.asp?m=2941377&mpage=1&key=allied%2Cindustry

Alfred

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”