Campaign Editor

Achtung Panzer:Operation Star is an Eastern Front wargame with solid graphics and sprawling battlefields that really emphasize the scope of WWII tank combat. The gameplay is a remarkably realistic turn-based and real-time operational/tactical hybrid wargame that continues the series begun by the acclaimed Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943.
KEYSTONE07950

Campaign Editor

Post by KEYSTONE07950 »

Does the Matrix edition contain a campaign editor? I found editing campaigns in the Gamersgate edition to be next to impossible.
I support the right to arm bears!
Erik Rutins

RE: Campaign Editor

Post by Erik Rutins »

We did not create a new campaign editor - the operations editor was developed by Graviteam.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
apd1004

Post by apd1004 »

I assume then that this is the same version we have from Gamersgate with the additions of the latest versions and updates/upgrades found on the Graviteam website?

I am happy to see it marketed by Matrix because that will open it up to a much wider audience and in no time we will have excellent mods and user campaigns & scenarios as well as user guides, wiki, etc. I have been pretty loyal to the Achtung Panzer series since Achtung Panzer: Kharkov and have found it to have evolved rather nicely and it is still well supported by Graviteam (as well as it can be considering the language barriers). In fact, I would say that the language barrier and lack of wider marketing have been the only things holding this title back from becoming arguably one of the greatest WWII era tactical simulators out there.

apd1004
Lützow

Post by Lützow »

ORIGINAL: apd1004

In fact, I would say that the language barrier and lack of wider marketing have been the only things holding this title back from becoming arguably one of the greatest WWII era tactical simulators out there.

I would say it was rather the cumbersome interface in combination with lack of support from Graviteam. When Achtung Panzer: Kharkov obviously did not hit the expected sales rate, they stopped releasing patches. Acquired the game 2 years ago and I'm still angry about the waste of money back then.

No wonder Paradox dumped this publisher.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

For $17 at release, AP Kharkov was worth taking a spin. As far as APOS and expansions, already got them on sale at GG.
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

I give up trying to translate graviteam's russian forums in attempting to get this campaign editor working.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
mbar

Post by mbar »

ORIGINAL: apd1004
I assume then that this is the same version we have from Gamersgate with the additions of the latest versions and updates/upgrades found on the Graviteam website?

It sure looks that way. Matrix is selling version 5.77. From what I've been reading in other forums patching APOS is not very intuitive. I'm glad Matrix has this title now because all patches are installed and any future patches should be easier with Matrix.
apd1004

Post by apd1004 »

Patching the Graviteam version was indeed a PITA. Had I known Matrix was going to market APOS, I would have waited.

I had to apply the patches in a specific order and I had to search the Graviteam forums to find the correct order. Not only that, there is a patch and a separate "version upgrade". There is also a huge polygon update to improve the polygons around the village of Taranovka.

I will say that at least the game has been very stable for me and there have been improvements over the older versions.
apd1004
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

I give up trying to translate graviteam's russian forums in attempting to get this campaign editor working.

They have an English forum too.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PH ... board=13.0
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

ORIGINAL: milkweg

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

They have an English forum too.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PH ... board=13.0

thanks! I thought i found it once but lost it and have been trying to translate russian all day (seems Google chrome sucks at it!)
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

Return to “Achtung Panzer Operation Star”