Best way to start a war

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

scotten_usa

Best way to start a war

Post by scotten_usa »

What causes the least hit to your reputation? What makes other empires declare war on you? What are your best tactics?

The best way seems to be to force someone else to declare war on you, but some empires won't allow themselves to be goaded into war.

I've tried blowing up a few ships from my future enemy, but find that KILLS your reputation [;)]
Dracus

RE: Best way to start a war

Post by Dracus »

I find that sometimes you can out right declare war and the other races don't care while other times they will look down on you. If you seak attack with no war declared, it looks like you always get a rep hit. That is the way it seems to have been playing out in my game. I have
managed to bait a few wars by leaving a single planet unprotected near thier border. ( play with inforced colony distances which seems to force many of the races to fight alot more).
Fishers of Men

Post by Fishers of Men »

I will throw a couple of blockades on the potential enemy's planets and get them stirred up. Place a large battle fleet in their homeword system and let it stay there for awhile can get on their nerves. Then they get angry and place a trade sanction on me. But if their empire victory conditions require them to not break treaties, it will be hard to get them to declare war on you first.

FoM
Old............but very fast
Blueberry

Post by Blueberry »

Depends on who you'r playin and going to war with. If its an empire that most of the galaxy is at war with or dislikes then you are less likely to get a significant reputation hit if any at all. If its some admired and friendly empire that you want to push around then prepare to be hated and called EVIL.

Return to “The War Room”