Name for new scenario - results

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

doomtrader

Name for new scenario - results

Post by doomtrader »

Just to remind, during the last couple of days, you have got the possibility to vote for a name for a new Campaign for Time of Fury.

According to your votes, the most popular name is "Lightning War" proposed by Greyshaft.
Congratulations.

The name we - here in Wastelands Interactive - found to be the best is "Storm Across Europe" proposed by Wolfe.

Please both winners contact me via PM, so we can talk about the prizes.

Greyshaft will receive a Time of Fury T-shirt and an additional surprise gift.

Wolfe will get similar T-shirt and a boxed copy of Storm over the Pacific.

Thank you all in participating in this contest. We are hoping to organize more of them in the future.
Mantis

RE: Name for new scenario - results

Post by Mantis »

As an interesting aside, "Storm Across Europe" was an SSI wargame back in the ol' 8 bit days by Dan Cermak. (I spent many hours with this game!) For those in the know, it's basically the grandfather of all these grand strategic games we love so much.

Wikipedia says: Storm Across Europe was the first computer game that had tried to cover World War II on a grand strategic scale. It could be seen as the grandfather of games that improved and refined the concept like Clash of Steel and the Hearts of Iron series.

doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I have played it to the death, however it was so long time ago, that I'm not sure how efficient my work was.
Frohmankf1

Post by Frohmankf1 »

it's basically the grandfather of all these grand strategic games we love so muchImage
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

I'd recently been reading Storm of War by Andrew Roberts.

Storm Over Europe felt a bit too close to Storm Over the Pacific to actually count as an original* idea, also seemed to imply the Air War more than the Blitzkrieg / full ETO campaign.

Thus Storm Across Europe.

* not as it transpires that my final suggestion was one either [:)]
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
Greyshaft

Post by Greyshaft »

Thanks for the vote of confidence.
/Greyshaft
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

I always though democracy and this whole idea of voting for things was overrated [;)]

Let us know what the surprise gift is when you get it.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Indeed I don't think that the democracy is good, but nobody invented anything better.
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried.

- Winston Churchill
Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

In human experience nothing is perfect,........except a good game.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Return to “Time of Fury”