New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to post it)

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Gas Can

New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to post it)

Post by Gas Can »

I love those independent colonies resided by alien races, especially those already have populations over 1000m! But isn't it strange that they are not primitive since they have space tech? I do wish that there would be new primitive races still living in caves.

So you send a colony ship there and they would think you a god; Send a troop there and they would think you a devil. You can either guide them to a new era so they would be extremely loyal friends/citizens to you. Hey, maybe they would invent something unique! Also you could just enslave those pity creatures and have the development boosted, but don't expect them to be on your good side forever!
Dracus

RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to post it)

Post by Dracus »

I think have a sub set of races rather then the space faring 19 races would be a great idea.
Igard

Post by Igard »

I absolutely agree with you. It's actually been requested in both the main wishlist and the modder's masterlist, though no dev comments about it as yet.

Not really suitable for the tech support forum. If I were you Gas Can, I'd post this in the wishlist thread. It's been requested before, but no harm in doing so again. If there are enough voices then maybe we'll get it in the game. I don't think it would be a very difficult thing for Elliot to implement either.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

Non FTl races that have special attributes would be great and a political system to match the concept.I think the big hurdle is actually the 3D art.
Modest

Post by Modest »

I agree. It is very nice Idea.
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: Gas Can

I love those independent colonies resided by alien races, especially those already have populations over 1000m! But isn't it strange that they are not primitive since they have space tech? I do wish that there would be new primitive races still living in caves.

So you send a colony ship there and they would think you a god; Send a troop there and they would think you a devil. You can either guide them to a new era so they would be extremely loyal friends/citizens to you. Hey, maybe they would invent something unique! Also you could just enslave those pity creatures and have the development boosted, but don't expect them to be on your good side forever!

I assume you mean something along the lines of Star Trek: BOTF?
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens
Gas Can

Post by Gas Can »

ORIGINAL: Kayoz
I assume you mean something along the lines of Star Trek: BOTF?

Sort of. Got to admit that I got the idea from ST, but Voyager in fact!
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: Gas Can

Sort of. Got to admit that I got the idea from ST, but Voyager in fact!

In ST:BOTF, each minor race that was taken over conferred a bonus (sometimes to the planet, others empire-wide) and a minor-race specific structure - which had (usually) a similar but greater effect as the minor race racial bonus.

In game balance terms, this made certain minor races very important. Maintaining the balance, I think, would be the biggest issue of concern for any DW discussion. Technically, I doubt it would be difficult to add minor races.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Return to “Tech Support”