Where's the game support and continued enhancements?

Unity of Command lets you replay the epic conflict that was the Stalingrad Campaign of World War II. In this turn-based game of strategy and cunning, observe how opportunity leads the German army to advance recklessly into the steppes of southern Russia. And as the story unfolds, join the Soviet campaign to repel the invaders... As these legendary battles play out on the hex board, the tension of decision making and difficulties of conducting operations on a massive scale emerge. Command armies and fronts in maneuver warfare, thrust and encircle, capture cities and cross continents; but never, ever forget to watch your supply lines. The Red Turn expansion ads a gigantic Soviet expansion centered on the Kursk campaign.

Moderators: 2xTom, 2xPelin

Lebatron

Where's the game support and continued enhancements?

Post by Lebatron »

We got a beta patch back in December, then nothing since then. While my game is running fine and I can't complain, but I'm beginning to wonder what's the developer been up to? I've come to expect when nice games like this one hit that the developer is willing to add more polish post release or to add new features. This is beginning to feel like a dump and run. If it's not, then at least prove it by releasing a real patch soon.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided
Erik Rutins

RE: Where's the game support and continued enhancements?

Post by Erik Rutins »

The update will go official shortly and a new Mac version is releasing this week as well.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
2xTom

Post by 2xTom »

I'm beginning to wonder what's the developer been up to?

There were no really serious bugs outstanding, so we decided to spend some time working on the Mac version and the Scenario Editor.

Mac version has now been released and also the Scenario Editor is now "internally usable" so normal service will resume shortly. The good news from all of this is that the first of the new campaigns is already in development. [:)]

We will also release at least one update to the core game (with undo etc.) in the meantime.
Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer
gdrover

Post by gdrover »

Can you give us any indication of what the next campaign will cover and an ETA? :)

Also an ETA on Scenario editor would be great!
GMoney
2xTom

Post by 2xTom »

We will be picking up the story after the Stalingrad Campaign ends... so, lots of Soviet stuff, some interesting battles that are not that well covered in terms of (computer) wargames.

I can't give an ETA right now. We'll be making some updates to the core game first (yes yes, undo [:)]) and then the expansion.

Scenario Editor will come last, it's still a bit clunky by UoC standards, and it's a lot of work because it's very UI-intensive.
Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer
Lebatron

Post by Lebatron »

Good to hear. Thanks. I was wondering what was going on with this game and now I know.
Jesse LeBreton, AKA Lebatron
Development team- GG's WAW A World Divided

Return to “Unity of Command Series”