Time of Fury Public Beta Update v1.01 Available!

Time of Fury spans the whole war in Europe and gives players the opportunity to control all types of units, ground, air and naval. Not only that, each player will be able to pick a single country or selection of countries and fight his way against either the AI or in multiplayer in hotseat or Play by E-Mail. This innovative multiplayer feature will give player the chance to fight bigger scenarios against many opponents, giving the game a strategic angle that has no equal in the market. The game uses Slitherine’s revolutionary PBEM++ server system.

Moderator: doomtrader

Andrew Loveridge

Time of Fury Public Beta Update v1.01 Available!

Post by Andrew Loveridge »

Hello all,

We have an Update version of the 1.01 Public Beta Available in the Members Club. It has a large number of changes and bug fixes. Please give it a try, and let us know how it is working for you.

Change List
v1.01 – February 7, 2012
    [b]Fixes[/b] [ul]
  • Corrected British Naval tech level 3 - Increasing port size - to properly increase it for UK, instead of Germany.
  • Corrected hotkeys dialog.
  • Corrected Benelux countries to be not at war with Germany at the beginning of 1939 West scenario.
  • Corrected various spelling errors in German submarine fleets names.
  • Bottleneck caused by the Axis minors shouldn't occur anymore.
  • Added description for tag unitpanel_rebase_icon_hint_not_enough_ap.
  • Fixed occurring negative strength for air units.
  • Fixed spelling error for El-Alamain city.
  • Corrected option name for Persian Oil event.
  • Corrected description for German tank technology level 3 informing about adding corps, now corrected to inform about adding division.
  • Corrected disabling of Leningrad MSS, when captured by enemy.
  • Fixed merging of unit not decreasing strength of source unit.
  • Corrected multidirectional bonus to be added only for units participating in attack.
  • Corrected situation when one commander is attached to more than one unit.
  • Fixed mistaken attachment of air technology to German tech level instead own tech level for all countries.
  • Fixed issue, where UNDO was possible despite the enemy unit being discovered.
  • Corrected issue with not assigning commanders to adjacent units after the game is loaded.
  • Fixed issue when an air unit is damaged during interception and is not killed despite its strength is lowered to zero.
  • Fixed typo in Convince them descriptions (was covince).
  • Chance for double losses when air striking sea zone reduced from 20 to 15 for all countries except UK, USA and Italy.
  • Fixed lack of war between USA and Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia in 1942 campaign.
  • Fixed lack of war between Sloakia and USA in 1942 campaign.
  • Attack through river now calculated correctly.
  • Corrected Russian Liberation army description text.
  • Fixed event methods adding naval vessels subtypes.
  • Fixed problem with performing Air Strikes from aircraft carriers.
  • Fixed infinite tact bombers supply transports.
  • Fixed CTD caused by wrong calculation of AI's paths.
  • In PBEM games, creating of three players is no longer possible.
  • Fixed problems in loading games in PBEM.
  • Wrong trigger for Time at sea events for all countries at level 3.
  • Corrected version check when logging to Multiplayer.
  • Fixed Typo in Zabaykal Siberian troops event.
  • Unit panel now works properly.
  • Corrected time of Soviet concentration against Germany in case of historical R-M pact.
  • Fixed infinite loop in French surrender events.
Features
  • Blocking England with submarines is now also effective against AI.
  • Added information about effective German submarines actions against UK.
  • Interception results added to air combat reports (both attack and defense).
  • Maximum values of reinforcements on territories controlled but not owned moved to consts.ini file.
  • During loading of PBEM game, time out is counted after 30 seconds.
  • It is now possible to set up amphibious ionvasion after movement delay for one turn, by changig AmphibiousAssaultAfterMovement = 0/1 value in consts.ini file.
AI
  • The Allied AI will to support operations in Eastern part of North Africa by sending some more assaults.
  • German AI supported in fight against soviet human.
  • Improved AI performance.
  • Improved AI balance in possessing number of vessels.
  • German AI should not spent PP on technology research at the beginning of Barbarossa.
  • AI will not keep the capital cities empty.
Gameplay
  • UK, USA, Germany, Soviet Union and France will receive additional time at sea by two weeks with every level they will advance.
  • All raider fleets changed to be in evade mode at the beginning of all scenarios.
  • Increases losses of German troops during amphibious invasions.
  • Increased cost of supplying German armored units through the sea.
  • Increased cost of additional AIP for Germans by 5 PP.
  • Romania will no longer pull the Germany into the war with Soviet Union for Bessarabia.
  • Changed chance that the AI will agree/decline German peace/puppetizing proposition.
  • Germans more willing to make peace with UK, instead of puppetize it.
  • British colonies are not going to keep the fight lonely against other alliance.
  • In case of Dutch surrender, whole fleet is seceded to the UK.
  • Added Deutches Afrika Legionnaire.
  • Default maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 25 reduced to 75%.
  • Default maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 25 reduced to 8.
  • Default maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 20 reduced to 50%.
  • Default maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 20 reduced to 5.
  • Default maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 15 reduced to 35%.
  • Default maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 15 reduced to 4.
  • Default maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 10 reduced to 30%.
  • Default maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 10 reduced to 3.
  • Default maximum replacements for land units at hexes owned by enemy reduced to 10%.
  • Default maximum replacements for air units at hexes owned by enemy reduced to 1.
  • German maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 25 reduced to 70%.
  • German maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 25 reduced to 7.
  • German maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 20 reduced to 45%.
  • German maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 20 reduced to 4.
  • German maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 15 reduced to 30%.
  • German maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 15 reduced to 3.
  • Italy maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 25 reduced to 70%.
  • Italy maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 25 reduced to 7.
  • Italy maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 20 reduced to 45%.
  • Italy maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 20 reduced to 4.
  • Italy maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 15 reduced to 30%.
  • Italy maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 15 reduced to 3.
  • USA maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 25 reduced to 9.
  • USA maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 20 reduced to 80%.
  • USA maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 20 reduced to 7.
  • USA maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 15 reduced to 60%.
  • USA maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 15 reduced to 5.
  • USA maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 10 reduced to 45%.
  • USA maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 10 reduced to 4.
  • USA maximum replacements for land units with supply at level 5 reduced to 30%.
  • USA maximum replacements for air units with supply at level 5 reduced to 3.
  • German AI will get new ships only if the total number of ships is lower than set.
  • US AI will get new ships only if the total number of ships is lower than set.
  • Soviet AI will get new ships only if the total number of ships is lower than set.
  • UK AI will get new ships only if the total number of ships is lower than set.
  • French AI will get new ships only if the total number of ships is lower than set.
  • Italy AI will get new ships only if the total number of ships is lower than set.
  • Improved effectiveness of units stationing at Maginot Line.
  • Reduced chance for losing PP due to the wastage events from 60% to 20%.
  • Implemented increased upkeep cost for major countries (USA, USSR, Germany, France, UK, Italy), when the size of forces exceeds historical level.
  • Basic upkeep cost increased from 0.05 to 0.06 per strength point (UpkeepPerOneStrengthPoint).
  • War Economy of BENELUX countries changed from 10 to 25 in Fall Gelb campaign.
  • Soviet war economy cap reduced to 55 instead of 75 until 1941 if not at war with any of the major country.
  • Reduced minimal values of destroyed STP - CV from 2 to 1, BB from 1 to 0, SS from 5 to 1.
  • Reduced maximal values of destroyed STP - CV from 10 to 3, BB from 5 to 1, CA from 5 to 2, SS from 10 to 3.
  • Units on level higher than actual technology can not be split.
  • Attacking and defending sides are now using defender's weather to calculate effectiveness.
  • Reduced basic fighter attack range from 20 to 14.
  • Reduced basic tact attack range from 25 to 18.
  • Range level modifier changed to 0.7;0.85;1.0;1.1;1.25 was 0.6;0.75;0.95;1.1;1.4.
  • USA should stay out of the war as long as possible.
  • German Subs tech level changed from 3 to 1 in Grand Campaign.
  • German Naval tech level changed from 3 to 2 in Grand Campaign.
  • French Tank tech investment changed from 0 to 1 in Grand Campaign.
  • USA Subs tech investment changed from 0 to 2 in Grand Campaign.
  • English Tank tech research progress changed from 0 to 20 in Grand Campaign.
  • French Tank tech research progress changed from 0 to 30 in Grand Campaign.
  • USA Subs tech research progress changed from 0 to 70 in Grand Campaign.
  • German Subs tech level changed from 3 to 2 in Fall Gelb.
  • German Naval tech level changed from 3 to 2 in Fall Gelb.
  • Attacking units with 6:1 and 7:1 are now always receiving losses.
  • Amphibious units can not unload after movement.
Events
  • Event about starting the war with UK will not fire if the Germans and UK already at war in Germans Grand Campaign.
  • Corrected event that disallowed France to surrender after certain nubmer of cities has fallen.
  • Created War Bonds events for United Kingdom.
  • In case of German invasion on Baltic States (if R-M Pact was honored), SU has got possibility to DOW Germany.
  • Onward to Pacific event changed to consider also Smolensk.
  • Soviet civilian vehicles events added.
  • Initial start date for Shock events changed to 1 April 1941, was 1 September 1939.
  • Initial start date for Shock events set to 1 April 1941.
  • New events method added Country.SetAlliance (Country ID, Alliance ID), allowing to set alliance.
  • Greek, Dutch and Belgian trade fleets events are added.
  • Description of Finnish Partisans events fixed.
  • Corrected wrong values in event 23003.
  • Changed event check to make sure that Soviet peace offer for Germany will be repeated.
  • Fixed onward to Pacific events.
GFX
  • Updated Agent's Modern map skin.
  • Updated Agent's B&W map skin.
  • Updated Agent's Retro map skin.
  • Updated Agent's NATO unit’s skin.
  • Updated Agent's Icons unit’s skin.
  • Agent's clouds are now used for Normal and Natural map skins.
  • Side panel buttons moved little bit closer to the centre of the screen, to avoid scrolling of the screen when selecting them (also the original files are also included as replacement)
  • Added images for UK strategic bombers levels 2-5.
  • Updated text data base by Jim Potts.
OOB
  • Italian ship RM Francesco Crispi name changed to RM Pola in Grand Campaign.
  • Italian ship RM Bande Nere name changed to RM Caio Duilio in Grand Campaign.
  • Italian ship Muzio Attendolo name changed to RM Muzio Attendolo in Grand Campaign.
  • Italian ship RM Euro name changed to RM Bande Nere in Grand Campaign.
  • French Battleship Provance added in Grand Campaign.
  • French ships Algerie, Foch, Dupleix, Duquesne and Tourville changed to Cruisers in Grand Campaign.
  • German cruiser KMS Emden added in Grand Campaign.
  • Maginot Line units are starting the game with increased effectiveness.
Map
  • Svierdlovsk renamed to Sverdlovsk.
  • Munchen renamed to Munich.
  • Koln renamed to Cologne.
  • Chelabinsk renamed to Chelyabinsk.
  • Berne renamed to Bern.
  • Corrected name of port Koenigsberg.
[/ul]
doomtrader

RE: Time of Fury Public Beta Update v1.01 Available!

Post by doomtrader »

This is what has been called official 1.01 in many threads
comsolut

Post by comsolut »

I'm sorry but you lost me on this game. I downloaded the initial game when it first came out. Did a couple months of the GC and then just Barbarossa. Forums talked of patches to change some of the game mechanics and rather than learn bad habits I waited for the patch. The first patch was basically the game again 500mg download but a beta version. Tried to install it and then neither my original or the beta would run. Deleted both, reinstalled my original 1.0 purchase, tested it would load and run, and then sat back and waited for the patch. For quite awhile, but patiently.

Just downloaded the patch, approx 10mb, installed patch, ran the TOF application got a crc error saying reinstall my original game again. Which means downloading the 500mg file. Unfortunately I live in a rural area and my download limit is a problem. Also, why every time I try to get from 1.0 to the next version do I get prompted to reinstall the game. I purchased the game legally, I really liked the scale, concept, etc but this is too frustrating so I'm tossing in the towel. I wish the money had been well spent, but for me I am fed up trying to get the game installed and patched to the current 1.01.

Best of luck with your product.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

ORIGINAL: comsolut

I'm sorry but you lost me on this game. I downloaded the initial game when it first came out. Did a couple months of the GC and then just Barbarossa. Forums talked of patches to change some of the game mechanics and rather than learn bad habits I waited for the patch. The first patch was basically the game again 500mg download but a beta version. Tried to install it and then neither my original or the beta would run. Deleted both, reinstalled my original 1.0 purchase, tested it would load and run, and then sat back and waited for the patch. For quite awhile, but patiently.

Just downloaded the patch, approx 10mb, installed patch, ran the TOF application got a crc error saying reinstall my original game again. Which means downloading the 500mg file. Unfortunately I live in a rural area and my download limit is a problem. Also, why every time I try to get from 1.0 to the next version do I get prompted to reinstall the game. I purchased the game legally, I really liked the scale, concept, etc but this is too frustrating so I'm tossing in the towel. I wish the money had been well spent, but for me I am fed up trying to get the game installed and patched to the current 1.01.

Best of luck with your product.

Comsolut. I'm completely understood your problem. I'm living in the rural area too, and the only way to have internet connection here is to use mobile. Actually I have got three of them from two operators and one operator requires external antenna to run. The highest speed I'm able to catch is around 2 Mb, out of declared 40 and 100. My limits are under 100 GB totally. No chance to get the cable in the predicted future.

I'm, not able to say what is the problem with your installation. For me it run just fine. Did you tried to ticket it on the support?

From what I have read lots of folks is burning CDs or storing the installments on the backup hardware. (I'm not saying this is your fault, just hinting to save future frustration)

Sorry for all the inconvenience you have got with the game, but some of those things are beyond me.
Grimnirsson

Post by Grimnirsson »

Why is this called an updated version of the public beta? Actually what this is being called in some threads is of no interest to me, I want to install an official patch announced as the official patch. Would be nice to start playing the game we bought last year...I won't do this with just another beta thingy. So what's up with this unofficial updated beta/official final patch mess? [&:]
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry for the delay guys. It is entirely our fault. We are understaffed and have had various issues to deal with including a bereavement, snow storms preventing people getting to work and more. We are slowly getting back up to full speed and expect to get a range of updates out in the coming couple of weeks including this one. We're also in the process of recruiting. We just wanted a few additional days of testing before we called this the final release. If no issues are found, this will be the same as teh final release.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
michaelincol

Post by michaelincol »

Thanks for explanation, Ian. Things happen, good things (and good people) are worth waiting for.

michael
wolf14455

Post by wolf14455 »

We support your effort and understand your problems, storm and understaffing. You are no Magicians ;) so I anyway can wait for you to come thrue.
Cheers
SwedeWolf

I was called Lill Sputnik (Little sputnik) as a baby in 58-59

Return to “Time of Fury”