F and FB bomb height problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Chris21wen

F and FB bomb height problem

Post by Chris21wen »

Some of my F and FB randomly bomb their targets from 100ft when set to 10,000ft or higher. This has been going on for sometime and I've been experimenting with heights which is why none of my F or FB are set any lower then 10,000ft but it makes no difference. I've reinstalled the game and applied the latest patch but it makes no difference.

Pre turn save attached
Attachments
wpae002.zip
(4.2 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
geofflambert

RE: F and FB bomb height problem

Post by geofflambert »

I know what an F bomb is, but what's an FB bomb?  Anyways I think you'll find that different kinds of units and TFs will flat out disobey direct orders for one reason or another, not always good ones.  In this case, however, just as a dive bomber attacking from whatever altitude you set will not stay at that altitude, fighters and fighter-bombers will go to the appropriate altitude for their type regardless of the starting altitude you set.  If you want them to stay at 10,000 feet, don't order them to attack.  Presence of flak may modify how they attack.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Better check out the following thread in the regular forum, they don't agree with me at all.

tm.asp?m=3048051

michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Some of my F and FB randomly bomb their targets from 100ft when set to 10,000ft or higher. This has been going on for sometime and I've been experimenting with heights which is why none of my F or FB are set any lower then 10,000ft but it makes no difference. I've reinstalled the game and applied the latest patch but it makes no difference.

Pre turn save attached

This seems to happen if the F/FB are on an attack mission (like AF attack) but aren't carrying any bombing ordnance.
Michael

Return to “Tech Support”