best order to play the scenarios

Share your best strategy tips with other gamers here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Don_Oda

best order to play the scenarios

Post by Don_Oda »

I am new to this game.
Played the tutorial 3x times and manage the get a minor victory. (in the last to hours)
So far all fun – the game is giving the expected challenge.

But…
The doesn’t have a campaign, but a collection of scenarios.

My question is;
What is the best order to play the scenarios… what do you recommend?
Thanks
D.
simovitch

RE: best order to play the scenarios

Post by simovitch »

I assume you have BFTB and not HTTR (yet).

Try Hofen ho-down as Germans first. It's small and represents the first few days fighting on the extreme north shoulder. If you are not interested in progressing chronologically, try Hell on wheels counterattack as US next. - it's and easy offensive battle (but you have to be quick about it.) Get good at these snall ones before moving on to the larger ones.

Otherwise check the manual for the chronological scenario order and historical background of the battle.

and welcome![8D]
simovitch

Don_Oda

Post by Don_Oda »

Thanks for pointing me to the appendix G.
This was exact the info I needed.

Had started already on scenario 5 – German side ( Stuck in the Teeth) . So far it looks like an unwinnable scenario. (After 6 matches) Every time I get too late in the exit.
Maybe I need a better coordination of arty.
pcelt

Post by pcelt »

Also re this question of info re the scenarios and choice selection may I recommend a BFTB PDF in the Community Members Area called
"Keyboard Reference and Scenario Compexity" by Markshot which fully analyses all the major factors relating to the nature, size and complexity factors of each BFTB scenario. This is extremely useful in helping you decide which scenarios to try and in which order.

Return to “The War Room”