APs and the latest patch

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Don77

APs and the latest patch

Post by Don77 »

G’day,

Can I say, awesome C and C changes to the latest 1.05.59c patch. This will really make a difference to how to fight as the Sov’s. My mates and I are really keen to try this out.

Given we are in the midst (early 42) of multiple (three) games (Don77, Enocm and Kon3), we (all) have a question to help us adjust to the rule changes. For our specific games, is it possible for Matrix for us, to make a once-off AP adjustment to our games to add 100AP to the Sovs, to enable adjustment of the C2 structure given the rule change? The games are Don77-Enocm, Don77-Kon3, Kon3-Enocm.

We accept that changes in C2 occurred in the war. But given we had structured our forces accordingly, we all agree as a house rule we would like to have this implemented if possible?

Cheers

Don
Helpless

RE: APs and the latest patch

Post by Helpless »

For our specific games, is it possible for Matrix for us, to make a once-off AP adjustment to our games to add 100AP to the Sovs, to enable adjustment of the C2 structure given the rule change?

Yes, it is possible.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Don77

Post by Don77 »

Helpless,

Could we please do that for the three Sov players in our games please? Much appreciated if thats possible. based on that, we'd then all upgrade to the next patch.

Cheers

Don
Arstavidios

Post by Arstavidios »

Isn't it possible to adjust the settings in game to add some APs?
Put AP  level at 200% or 400% for a few turns and it should do the trick without breaking the existing games.......
Is it possible to do that with a server game?

Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Pavel is going to look into creating a special exe for this. We'll let you know once we have something.

As for adjusting APs, in PBEM games the help levels are frozen once the game is started, and I assume it's the same for Multiplayer.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

We are still looking at this. I hope to have a special exe this weekend. It may not allow all APs to be added at once since there is the 500 point max. I'll let you know when we have something.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Don77

Post by Don77 »

Thanks Joel.
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

Thanks to the entire Matrix team on the excellent support on this.  I'm hoping to get the exe too as one of my current F2F games is a bit broken due to the C&C changes (which I agree with in the long term btw).
--
Del
mmarquo

Post by mmarquo »

I efficiently allocated my CUs prior to the patch, since the patch I have spent all of my AP cache of > 300, and all of my APs for 5 moves shuffling units and buying HQs. And there is still much work to do. I beleive that the butcher's bill will be perhaps 700 - 1000 APs. [X(]

If good weather comes before I am done, and it will, then I am going to get punched senseless.

Marquo
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

We are testing a special AP fix exe at the moment. It worked in PBEM, but we need to check it out in Multiplayer. I assume it work in head to head just fine. The German player will be able to run the exe, load a save, enter a number of positive points to be added to the Soviet side's APs, and then save the game and exit the special exe. The downside is that due to the 500 point AP cap, this may have to be done over several turns, depending on how many APs the Soviet player has and how many the players agree to give to the Soviet player. If you are interested in getting this exe when it is available, email 2by3@2by3games.com and I can email it to you once it checks out. If your email will not accept a zip file, let me know and I'll rename it from .zip to .txt and you'll have to rename the file when you get it.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

I have an AP fix exe now that I have emailed to a few people. It's got some quirks and limitations, but if you want it, email 2by3@2by3games.com.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”