merging units

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

zoot

merging units

Post by zoot »

How do you do it? I read the instructions, but I am doing something wrong as I can not get units to merge. Can some one explaine the process to me?
Thanks,
zoot
thomas cook
Baelfiin

RE: merging units

Post by Baelfiin »

Zoot: can you post a screenshot of units you are attempting to merge? That would help in trying to identify where you are going astray 8)
"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

To merge two sub-strength units of similar type use the "Merge" option in the unit menu.
If you want to merge either separated subunits into the former parent unit or, on the soviet side, three brigades/divs into divs/corps please select/highligh the three units and either press b or use the button "Build-up/breakdown units" available in the "Map Information" menu.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
terje439

Post by terje439 »

Also, the units must have remaining MP the turn you try to merge them.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”