Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10]

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

dastuma

Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10]

Post by dastuma »

When I click "Show me first" in the Refrofit Advisor window, the only thing it does is moving the window to the upper left corner. Shouldn't it display a list of the ships to retrofit or something?

Attachments
RetrofitAdvisor.jpg
RetrofitAdvisor.jpg (411.77 KiB) Viewed 66 times
onomastikon

RE: Retrofit Advisor [1.7.10]

Post by onomastikon »

What's more: this advisor confuses me, because it pops up and tells me that due to breakthroughs, we have access to new components -- HOWEVER, it does not actually add these components into new designs, not even for ships tagged "upgrade automatically". This advisor should actually be called a Design Upgrade Advisor, and remind us to first upgrade (manually....) the designs, and THEN to retrofit them. I think this is a bug, not a suboptimally functioning feature.
Theluin

Post by Theluin »

Do you have ship design on auto? From what I gather upgrading in DW dictionary means "switching outdated components for new ones and not doing anything else".
onomastikon

Post by onomastikon »

ORIGINAL: Theluin

Do you have ship design on auto? From what I gather upgrading in DW dictionary means "switching outdated components for new ones and not doing anything else".

But if that is the case, then the Advisor popup is even more confusing, because "switching outdated components for new ones" is only applicable when a component in an already existing tree becomes newly named, without a red upwards pointing arrow, e.g. when you research "High Speed Turning" (for Multivector) after the previous 3 maneuvering techs (2 upgrades to "thrust vectors"). So far, that has not been the case even one time for the Retrofit Advisor popups I have been receiving. These were for new items, which were NOT added to the designs set on automatic upgrade.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

You need to have ship design ticked to automated in the options menu screen.
Kayoz

Post by Kayoz »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

You need to have ship design ticked to automated in the options menu screen.

Then if you do not have it ticked, the player shouldn't get this rather misleading/confusing message.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.” ― Christopher Hitchens

Return to “Tech Support”