Recon

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

MarcA

Recon

Post by MarcA »

When reconing soviet airbases on turn 1 the results of the recon are fairly random. For some air bases in clear terrain no matter how many times you recon them the DL remains at stubbornly at 1. However, 8 times out of 10 if you recon the hex next to the air base the DL jumps to 5 allowing you to see the air bases assets. This can't be working as planned.

On an alternate note, German planes had been over flying many Soviet bases in the months running up to the start of Barbarossa, is it correct that all Soviet air bases should start with a DL of 1.
Helpless

RE: Recon

Post by Helpless »

As responded in other thread, air recon may fail. Of cause if you can provide a save with instructions how to replicate "stuck" DL for some particular air base, I will look at it.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
MarcA

Post by MarcA »

Hi Helpless,

my original question in a separate thread was different to my point above. In my original question I only asked what changes had been made to the recon routines recently.

My point above highlights that you can sometimes get better intelligence by reconing a hex 1, 2 or even 5 hexes away, without overflying the original base, than you can by performing multiple recon missions of the actual airbase itself. This just seems wrong to me. How can you overfly an airbase 3 times and get no information about it and then fly a mission to a point 50 miles away and come back with the exact composition of forces at the original airbase.

I have attached a file. You can see I have reconned the airbase at 48, 84 3 times and the DL has remained at 2. But I am willing to bet if you recon an adjacent hex or even the air base at 52, 85 the DL of the original airbase will increase to 5.

Regards

Marc
Attachments
ForHelpless.zip
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
invernomuto

Post by invernomuto »

My point above highlights that you can sometimes get better intelligence by reconing a hex 1, 2 or even 5 hexes away, without overflying the original base, than you can by performing multiple recon missions of the actual airbase itself. This just seems wrong to me.

I've noticed the same. No DL increase if I recon over the enemy airbase, but if I recon 1-3 hexes away I usually can get a DL increase.
It seems strange to me...

Bye
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Thanks for the save, very helpful, as what you described seemed to be confirmed in my test with your save. Could be something in the formulas causes some undesirable difference between the target and other hexes. We'll look into it.
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “Tech Support”