A couple of strange AI - WAD?

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

Erik2

A couple of strange AI - WAD?

Post by Erik2 »

This is from a playtest of a custom Crete scenario I am putting the finishing touches on.

1) The city south of the port originally had no flag. I used the German He111 strategic bomber against the city and this produced the neutralized, white flag.
Later a Greek unit moved into the city and changed the flag to Greek. Is this WAD?

2) A couple of turns later the AI produced the Greek 2cm Flak northeast of the city. Now that is funny, should it not have produced a Greek unit (the mountain inf) ?

Thanks
Erik

Attachments
Greek2cmFlak.jpg
Greek2cmFlak.jpg (55.54 KiB) Viewed 81 times
terje439

RE: A couple of strange AI - WAD?

Post by terje439 »

#2 the AA unit is created from the port, not the southern city as you have a ground units adjacant to the southern city.

Terje
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

1) Yes, any country can capture a white flag.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: Razz

1) Yes, any country can capture a white flag.

I understand that, but spawn a German flak unit in Greek service?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: terje439

#2 the AA unit is created from the port, not the southern city as you have a ground units adjacant to the southern city.

Terje

Takker, fant ikke noe i manualene på dette.
KerenskyLI

Post by KerenskyLI »

That FlaK unit is on the Greek equipment table, which is why the AI purchases it.
If you play the default 'Greece' scenario, you can see what equipment is available to that nation.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

ORIGINAL: KerenskyLI

That FlaK unit is on the Greek equipment table, which is why the AI purchases it.
If you play the default 'Greece' scenario, you can see what equipment is available to that nation.

Thank you
Erik

Return to “Panzer Corps”